Boost Leak?

Mark_R

Hi Guys.

I picked my LCR up 2 weeks ago. After a couple of days, I noticed an oil leak. Took it to the garage to be fixed under warranty. It had been serviced pre sale but they hadn't noticed the leak.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, they replaced the cam seals and rocker cover seal. Problem solved.

Got the car back, but now there seems to be less power on boost particularly from 3rd gear upwards. It makes all the right noise but sometimes whistles a bit and is hesitant. It seems less pokey in lower speeds also. The car was boosting perfectly before it went into the garage.

I've done a quick search and I reckon i'd be told to check all the pipework. Only problem is I'm a pen pusher and don't know where to start! Could anyone post up a picture of an engine bay with arrows of which obvious pipes to check? Would these pipes have been disconnected with the work I've had done?

Also, I'm not sure if my car has a DV. Would I still get a whooosh noise when coming off throttle if it was standard but with a neuspeed cone filter?

Thanks,
Mark

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
if you have an open cone filter instead of the filter in the box then yes you will get a whoosh noise even with the standard recirc valve. There isn't much difference in this setup than fitting a full atmospheric DV (i know i've tried both setups).

If you have the standard plastic recirc valve, replace it with a nice shiny Forge 007p valve, it will be more reliable than the plastic one.

Mark_R

I can't see anything that looks anything else than standard but thought it gave quite a loud atmospheric ptttssshhh sound for standard.

Just need to sort out this boost problem now.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.