Boot open warning

Jan 7, 2024
I have leon Estate which which gives a boot open warning on the dash when driving, this also comes up after a period of time when the car is locked. I have changed the boot catch already, is there any other likely faults?

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
I have leon Estate which which gives a boot open warning on the dash when driving, this also comes up after a period of time when the car is locked. I have changed the boot catch already, is there any other likely faults?
Have you tried: open the boot, stick a screwdriver in where the bottom part would go and press it in and make sure it clicks twice, and does the warning light still come on ?

Jan 7, 2024
Have you tried: open the boot, stick a screwdriver in where the bottom part would go and press it in and make sure it clicks twice, and does the warning light still come on ?
I have tried that and it seems to work fine.
The warning is intermittent and will work fine for a while while driving then pop up or when parked for a while it will appear.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
I have tried that and it seems to work fine.
The warning is intermittent and will work fine for a while while driving then pop up or when parked for a while it will appear.
If that sorts the problem then you need to adjust the striker plate (the bit the lock hooks round) so it makes sure the lock does a double click when the door is shut

Jan 7, 2024
I have adjusted the strike plate and the hook is snug after the second click, after locking the doors the warning is flashing on the dash.
But when the hook is closed and boot open the warning dosent appear, could this be a wiring issue?
20240108_160150.jpg

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Next try tripping the latch, then close down the hatch as far as it can while the catch is in the tripped position - if the warning comes on then it kind of points to to a wiring problem at the area where the wires come in/out of the body.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Do you have or have access to a OBD2 Reader as this may give you an error code to help with the issue

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Have you changed any light bulbs in the boot or inside the car to led ones? I had an intermittent boot fault until I put a resistor in with the new bulb. Not sure if it could be the same but worth a shot.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.