Boot pop from remote

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
A fair few Mk5 guys & girls have done a mini mod useing oem bits to make the boot pop open on pressing boot unlock button

2 x 6Y0 827 550 C (Skoda Fabia gas springs)

2 x 1K8 827 761 C (Scirocco bumpers)

2 x 1J6 827 439 A (Seat Leon ball pins)

Here is the guide;

http://www.my-gti.com/2799/volkswagen-golf-automatic-hatch-opening-updated

I think the bits needed for the Leon may differ, has anyone seen it done on the Leon? I need a smart mini mod to cheer me up after all the shitty luck Ive had lately!

TIA

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
I think its worth a shot, cant be that different surely...

Sure I have seen a clip before where someone just put springs on the strut end to push it up- was a little noddy compared to this though

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Dont want to spend 50 quid on bits for it not to have any effect though :-/ Im thinking the length of struts etc is likely to be different as Leon / Golf differ slightly.

Will do a search on you tube :thumbup:

Mar 25, 2008
Watch out as I'm sure one of the mk5 boys pressed his remote accidently and popped his boot in the garage and it left a big dent!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Mike i was told you need MK1 Octavia Estate springs, Fabia springs in my eyes wouldnt be strong enough to lift the Leon Boot, if you think about it they will be similar springs fitted to Ibiza's and there not strong enough to lift the Ibiza.

Ive got the part number somewhere i rang a dealer about them and there £65+vat EACH :blink:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
This is the part number i had 1U6827550f

BTW Mike that part number 6Y0 isnt on the german .pdf

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Thanks mate.

Hmm the you tube vid quotes Fabia ones, wonder why they'd be stronger or why people are using them. I'm going to bite the bullet and try the Fabia ones today, of they don't work I'll sell them to one of the Gti guys/girls.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Thanks mate.

Hmm the you tube vid quotes Fabia ones, wonder why they'd be stronger or why people are using them. I'm going to bite the bullet and try the Fabia ones today, of they don't work I'll sell them to one of the Gti guys/girls.

:cartman:

If they do work let us know ive been wanting to do this for a while, just need to be careful im not parked to close to my garage :cry:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.