Boot Struts

Alakiha

Sep 21, 2015
Finland
What year / model did you fit them to ? As your profile says you don't drive anything ?

Also stu_m in his post has quoted a more expensive price for the struts, this is from the same German supplier as in your post, I wonder if they might be a different model, as I'd like to make sure first before I place an order.

Sorry for late reply, I just picked my brand new FR :) so I need to update my info here.

but anyways, I bought 2 pairs of them ones in the link and here is the results:
https://youtu.be/joDjeTZGl-E

Last edited:

paulolourenco76

Apr 12, 2015
Edinburgh
I bought this set:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121816436948?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

you can expect something like this after changing the original ones with new ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3GNd9FefPY

I went ahead and ordered a pair of these. The one one on the right fits fine, but the one on the left doesn't fit as it is the same on the right. I fit the bottom part of the strut fine but the top hole is on the opposite side of the bolt. Am I missing something? The 2 struts ordered are exactly the same... would have thought I needed the opposite strut for the left side... !???

Deleted member 98136

Ordered a set from the seller which Alakiha had linked to in post #15 in this thread.

Order placed Tuesday and arrived Friday, and fitted them today - WOW what a difference, perfect, they do exactly what I wanted, unlock using the key fob and boot fully opens, can be very useful at

Total price inc delivery was £25.64p

Last edited by a moderator:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Ordered a set from the seller which Alakiha had linked to in post #15 in this thread.

Order placed Tuesday and arrived Friday, and fitted them today - WOW what a difference, perfect, they do exactly what I wanted, unlock using the key fob and boot fully opens, can be very useful at

Is yours a 3 or 5 door, or do they use the same size strut?

Deleted member 98136

terryt - Mines a 5 door.

Personally I would have thought that there's no difference between the 3 or 5 door models.

Alakiha

Sep 21, 2015
Finland

Happy to be helpful :)

Exactly its really easy and cheap tweak to do, I wonder why Seat didn't do it from the beginning!

Angelos

Jul 18, 2015
Could someone please just give me a very brief run through with what to-do when changing the struts? I have mine sitting at home and ready for fitting when I get back from work.

I have a pretty good idea but would rather not break anything.

Thanks

Deleted member 98136

Angelos - this youtube video shows you what you need to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjBqgR9HS-U

Takes about 5/10 mins, only thing you need is a small tipped flat headed screwdriver to prise the retaining spring-clips out - the existing boot-struts need a good tug to free them. Then when fitting new ones a sharp bang with your hand to locate them over the retaining pin.

Johnny Leon

May 17, 2005
Press and hold the boot unlock on the fob and it pops it open

Mine doesn't work like this, its held on the catch til you lift the handle (MY16 1.8FR). Do all need 'full release' enabling via VCDS or do some models/years come like that as std?

Last edited:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
Think from an earlier post you just hold the boot release button on the key fob and it'll pop up. Like holding unlock to drop windows.
I think...
Could I do this on the st tailgate?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.