Bottom End Ball Joint

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
I went to tax my car this time last week (2nd May) and handed over my documents to be told i needed an MOT. I had it in my head the car was registered 02/07/03 but instead it was 02/05/03:censored: so obviously she never gave me the car tax. It has risen from £90.75 to £104.50 aswell:censored:

Booked the car in for its 1st MOT the next day only to go back for the car and be told it failed due to a worn drivers side ball joint! It had been clunking for a while everytime i went over a speed bump or onto my drive so wasn't too bothered when they pointed it out! The garage ordered the part only to find out the ball joint was too small. The LC and LCR have different sized joints but as normal, people order things for a leon cupra expecting it to be the same:cry:

The garage eventually got hold of it it today and replaced it and gave me an MOT cerificate free of charge. I picked the car up and took it round to the post office to get the car taxed. 9 days late:rolleyes:

Anyway here's my problem, on driving home the steering wheel now seems to be offset. I need to hold the steering wheel to a slightly left position to keep the car going in a straight line:shrug: As soon as i straighten it into the middle the car veers off to the right.

Whats happened? Has anyone had any experience of this and how do i put it right? It was perfect when it went in and now the steering is offset. I'll take it back in tomorrow but am wondering whats happened? Can it be adjusted?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Yes but the track rods shouldnt have been adjusted so wondering why its out now:shrug: . It should have been a simple 3 bolts off, swap the bearing and 3 bolts on.

To sort this do they need to adjust the track rods or can they do something with the bearing!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise