Bought a 2005 Plate ALtea Stylance (Ireland) Question?

neonitrix

Hi Guys,

I just bought a 1.9tdi Stylance 34,000 klms on the clock but one thing I have noticed is the cd heat unit dosnt seem to want to play mp3's, I presume I have a version of the unit that just cant its got the factory fitted double din radio. Any way to check serial number or model to see if it should play mp3's and mabey is broken, to enable me to get replacement under garage warrenty?

Secondly who is the manufacturer of the doubledin radio? blaupunkt (spelling) or grundig.

Lastly how do i check mpg I can flick thru the trip computer but so many screens can find one saying klms per gallon or mls per gallon.

Thanks

Neonitrix

Tell

Staff member
Answer some of the questions without looking at the manual. True initially the head end didn't play MP3's CDs, mine doesn't either. It was 2005 or so when they upgraded that as I recall. The head end is "blaupunkt" and there are conversations and details on here about the pin out and adaptor boxes if you want to fit a changer of sorts or iPod - I sense you might. I cover the adapter box for Sony kit here:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63078&goto=nextnewest

On MP3 I reckon it says so on the radio whether it plays MP3s so if there is no mention then it doesn't. I might be wrong on this one, however it does play normal recordable and R/W one CDs fine. I had a love affair with recordable CDs before I got my MD changer installed. Changing CDs whilst driving is an excellent way to prang the car.

MPGs there is a set up obvioiusly for that... I'll let someone else cover that I would have to riffle through my manual if indeed it's in there. Reminds me I need to change the clock.

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
Think the MP3 heads were only fitted for 2007 spec build models which started being built in Spain around May of this year (2006).
The only reason I know is that I ordered a new 1.9 TDi stylance in April with a CD changer initially. Changed the order a week later with some addtional options and by that time the MP3 was standard, the spec had changed so dumped the changer and gor reversing sensors instead!
My unit has an MP3 logo just below the CD slot in the centre of the unit to show it is MP3 compatible, manual also explains how it all works. As an additiojnal option it also has an aux input socket positioned in the tray at the front of the centre console. I believe that this basicaly fits into the previous input for the CD changer option but is obviously factory installed as the aux socket now rather than a CD changer.
The CD changer can still be fitted as an option via your dealer or your self to existing non MP3 models.

Tell

Staff member
Yes and if it's pre MP3 and aux in there are options for patching into the head end pin out for IPod which alot of people have done on her via kits, or the aux out via an interface convertor or indeed fitting other non standard Seat kit to the headend. If it plugs into the Golf mk 5, then it will work with an Altea.