Bought a k04 turbo...

christian1988

hi peeps, i was just wondering what i need as i just brought a k04 turbo for my mrk 3 ibiza cupra turbo? thanks christian

christian1988

about 170 got a turbo back blue flame exhaust inductionkit and re circulation d/v thats it.

Wilkeh

Cliosport to Cupra to CTR
IIRC you need quite alot mate! It's my understanding you can't just put that turbo on.

You need -

LCR FPR
LCR Fuel pump
Stage 2 remap
Front mounted intercooler
Forge TIP
4" MAF
Bigger induction kit (Jetex Filter?)
Probs a better dump valve (Unless you have a Forge 007?)
I would also recommend the bypasses - N112 & the other one (Can't remember what it's called!)

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Yup add some BAM LCR 225 injectors to the long list aswell. If your doing the work yourself it will be abit cheaper, but if someone else is fitting it, its going to cost you a packet in labour charges.

KO3 Hybrid FTW

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
And a new exhaust and manifold. Why dont you just ko3 hybrid instead, alot less work and less to buy.

Told ya mate is loads to do haha. Hybrid is the way foward for the same resaults.
u will prob need a an uprated clutch and solid fly wheel i would think. And a turbo fitting kit all new gaskets and washers.

tommy2008cupra

agreed hybrid or if u are determined for a ko4 might aswell go ko4 hybrid with all the work invovled but obviously depends on how much cash u have

christian1988

right hybrid it is then lol !

Last edited by a moderator:

Marshy

Oct 4, 2008
Yeah would be cheaper and easier as I said before mate, Im tempted to get mine done now after seeing/hearing Jobeys the other day!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
You can use a k03 manifold on a k04 turbo and keep your k03 downpipe, you just need to get Pro Imports Up-Pipe which connects the two. Much easier and cheaper than changing everything else.

christian1988

so i can keep the k04 and up grade a few things cuz i looked at the cost of doing all this and well aint cheap lol just wanna no what i need to get to do this?

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
Yeh but if ure gonna do it I recomend a hi flow manifold and you defo need to chenge the down pipe what ever you do, so the choice is ures which ever way you go it ant cheap mate. Just down to you one way is more expensive than the other.

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
For a hybrid on ures mate you will need... (with some rough prices)

Hybrid turbo £600
Down pipe and sports cat/de-cat £350 depending what you have already
Hi flow manifold (well recomended) £200
TIP (forge or samco etc...) £140
uprated dv £100
225 injectors (tt,s3 lcr) £200 (got mine with th maf second hand)
3" maf housing
4 bar fpr (maybe depending on the mapper) £25 second hand
frount mount intercooler and pipework £200 upwards
n249 and n112 bypass £ 20 or cheap pipe
stage 2 remap £ 400 around depending on mapper
uprated clutch and flywheel £400 thats how much mine was maybe cheaper
all gaskets and washers (fitting kit) £60
6 litres of oil £ 30 upwards

a rough figure without labour.... £2,730

if some one can do this for the ko4 conversion u can see the difference. Recomend buying the small bits when u can afford them and do some of the work before hand then do the turbo, mani, tip, injectors and exhaust all at the same time. but up tou mate

christian1988

so where do i get all this stuff from jobey? so could do lil parts like mani,tip,injectors gt exhaust blueflame turboi back1 just wanna no what is what m8 lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members