Bought myself a brand new Ibiza SC CR 1.6 TDi! Hope I've made the right choice!

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
Evening all,

Bought myself the above car on the 4th of October. Been browsing the forums for a week or so now, so thought I'd finally join and say hello.

I'm moving on from a 1.5L Yaris T-Sport. I was tempted to say 'upgrading' from, but that TS is a frickin' awesome car and I'll be incredibly sad to see it go.

I'm changing to the Ibiza because I needed a car with better economy that still had a bit of kick. The TS has a 0-60 of 8.7 seconds... more like 9.2-9.5 with its age (7 years), but it's bloomin' quick for a non-hot hatch. The Ibiza is only slightly slower at 10.5s I believe so it wont be a massive slow down.

Basically I was looking for a car with decent acceleration and good economy. Only the Ibiza SC, Golf TDi and Astra SRi met that criteria really. The Astra was good, but a bit boat-like and the Golf is so damn common (and I like something a bit standy-outy). That Ibiza ticked all the boxes and I enjoyed the test drive, so I went ahead and ordered one.

I got most of the extras I thought were important. I skipped out on the panoramic sunroof (£470 for a bit of plastic?), but I got the EBS pack, electric mirrors, ipod dock, 17" Alloys, Bluetooth, Cruise Control and Climate Control. Spent £13K which I thought was a good deal. Since seen a few better deals, but nothing majorly lower.

Only got two issues now. Selling the TS... which I cant do until I've got my delivery date, and of course waiting for the delivery date! I was quoted 8-12 weeks, is that realistic? I'm expecting I'll received it end of January?

Last edited:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
add another fortnight on the delivery date i reckon, depends if they've cleared that backlog yet?
when you get a build week for it (ask your dealer) add about 2 weeks to that and you'll have your car.

welcome to the 1.6tdi club, it's a great little car and definitely better than your other two options; I've not driven the golf, but had an astra as a courtesy car and it's much much less engaging and pleasant to drive than the ibiza

Last edited:

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
2 weeks more?! No way. Lazy Spaniards. Well, sounds like it'll be worth the wait.

What caused the backlog in the first place?

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
lazy spaniards shutting down the factory for a prolonged siesta, and delays caused by swapping from the 1.9tdi to the 1.6

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
:) Thought it was you, Can't check on the system yet as Seat are having a brand new ordering system put on, so after that we can track car's so much better. It also means we can now log on and track cars' and see whats in the UK without having to go to the admin team and ask!

Shouldn't be to long tho

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
aye, that's the one.

Good!

:) Thought it was you, Can't check on the system yet as Seat are having a brand new ordering system put on, so after that we can track car's so much better. It also means we can now log on and track cars' and see whats in the UK without having to go to the admin team and ask!

Shouldn't be to long tho

How long is not too long ;)? End of Dec? End of Jan? Feb?

Hank

Sep 20, 2009
It's arriving at the dealership on the 4th of Jan!

Only problem is, that only leaves me with about 2 weeks to shift my current car. Uh oh!

So... if anyone wants a fast lil run about... :whistle:

Might be on the same ship as mine, it left Barcelona on the 22nd December :) I can't wait to get mine.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members