brake fluid change

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
just a quickie how easy is it to change the brake fluid on a 2001 LC?

is it something a simpleton could do (me) or should i just take it to garage and get them to do it save fannying about.

I had a look for some guides but no joy so if anybody could point me in the direction of one or has one id be realy greatful

Luke

ENTERNAMEHERE

just a quickie how easy is it to change the brake fluid on a 2001 LC?

is it something a simpleton could do (me) or should i just take it to garage and get them to do it save fannying about.

I had a look for some guides but no joy so if anybody could point me in the direction of one or has one id be realy greatful

Luke

Search for my experience with brake bleeding! I recommend dealership for all it will cost. After I let mind drain dry it took SEAT fife 4 hrs to sort and about 16ltrs of fluid.

CHRIS87

Jul 12, 2009
Get your self some fliud - bleed brakes using a self bleed bottle ( bottle with a none return valve in it ) and just keep topping up the resevoir and keep bleeding until the new fluid is pushed all the way through the system. bleed each caliper separatly starting at the corner furthest away from the master cylinder.
Hope this helps

andylcr

Aug 6, 2009
Berks
I recently had my 50k full service and although they changed the brake fluid they were unable to do one of them as they were unable to undo whatever they have to undo (i dont know much about cars btw!!) without risking breaking the caliper.

As it stands 3 of the 4 brakes are sorted, but what should I do with the one they didnt get changed? Will it be ok or should I ideally look at getting it sorted even if it means the caliper breaking and having to get that replaced as well?

Cheers

mikeholroyd

Don't forget there are 2 bleed nipples on the side of the master cylinder itself as well which need bleeding after doing all of the wheel calipers.

If these are not done, the brake pedal will travel to the floor before it works.

Mike

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
ENTERNAMEHERE wrote

Search for my experience with brake bleeding! I recommend dealership for all it will cost. After I let mind drain dry it took SEAT fife 4 hrs to sort and about 16ltrs of fluid

Thats why you use an Eezibleed or equivalent and don't drain the system dry before you start. Once you get air in the system it will take a lot of getting rid of.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
If your still on the original fluid you'll notice a huge improvement after a fluid change.

I was lazy and got mine changed when the car went in for polybushes at JBS. iirc it cost very little to get the fluid changed.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.