Brake lights on when not breaking, Please help

DTomas

Jun 3, 2022
When I was driving I realized my break lights were on even when I'm not touching the brakes. I though it was the brake switch looking more into it I tried with new brake switch but everything was the same. I tried checking it with magnet nothing happened, I checked all the fuses and relays, someone had a same problem on the forums and they used a hammer to hit the brake cylinder but still nothing happened. We've tried taking off the rear lights, taking every bulb out seeing if something will change, also we disconnected the third brake light but still nothing happened it was still on. I tried unplugging and plugging abs module, I also tried taking off the negative cable on the battery and waiting a bit still nothing. Brake lights are still on. If anyone can help me out and if anyone has any idea what can cause this please answer. No DTCs are on that's connected to the light/brake system. Also I'm looking for a full wiring diagram of the car if anyone can provide it I would be thankful.

Note. Seat Ibiza 6j SC 1.9 TDI, Left hand drive.
Sorry for my english it's not my first language

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
A few people have had this problem with this version/age of Ibiza and Polo, but so far, I've not read about what was done to sort this out, it did sound a lot like it was a wiring issue, ie the insulation getting rubbed/worn on one of the wires that connects to that brake cylinder hall effect switch/sensor.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise