Brake pad warning light on after fitting new pads

V5Ade

I love my LCR!
Aug 26, 2004
Guildford
I've just fitted some DS2500's on my LCR. They new pads don't have a pad-wear sensors so I didn't plug anything into the socket.

Now the pad warning light is showing on the dash, how can I switch it off?

Thanks for any advice,

Ade

Last edited:

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
I used to use the old sensor (just dig it out of the old pad), either gather up the length of wire and tie up out of the way, or cut it short and reconnect the ends.

Cupra_Mark

Jun 15, 2006
South Wales
V5Ade said:
I linked out the plug and fitted it this morning before I went to work; problem sorted!

PS the DS2500's are really good :D

I am more than happy having DS2500's all around, they give you that bit more confidence I think!

Nearly got EBC Red Stuff, but changed my mind at the minute!

Mark,

johnryle

Hi,

After installing new pads under a year ago i noticed the light was also on my dash....obviously i was stupid and didnt get the sensor pads from my supplier, but now i have put in the pads with sensors and the light is still on, even though there is a ton of meat left on them, how can this be happening and how can it be fixed?

Banana Man

Team Banana
Apr 24, 2006
Kent
www.teambanana.org
well assuming the sensor pad cable has been connected properly, chances are the connector on the car is corroded? sensor relies on a signal, when signal broken ie loss of connection when pad low and severs wire then your dash light comes on.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
Hi,

After installing new pads under a year ago i noticed the light was also on my dash....obviously i was stupid and didnt get the sensor pads from my supplier, but now i have put in the pads with sensors and the light is still on, even though there is a ton of meat left on them, how can this be happening and how can it be fixed?

did the light get reset when you did the new pads with wear sensors in... if not then that needs doing

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members