• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

Lefty

Active Member
Feb 1, 2014
16
0
Hello,

I need some new discs for my FR 2.0 and am shopping round for some new discs. I like grooved but not drilled.

Any recommendations? I don't mind plain normal non grooved ones if they are a marked improvement on OEM

All suggestions welcomed!

Also pads. Green stuff pads worth the extra dough?
 
Hello,

I need some new discs for my FR 2.0 and am shopping round for some new discs. I like grooved but not drilled.

Any recommendations? I don't mind plain normal non grooved ones if they are a marked improvement on OEM

All suggestions welcomed!

Also pads. Green stuff pads worth the extra dough?

Personally - I would put the 312mm brakes up front - major improvement even with plain discs and pads.

I went 312mm with Brembo HP2000 pads - it's what the car should have come from the factory with,
 
Personally - I would put the 312mm brakes up front - major improvement even with plain discs and pads.

I went 312mm with Brembo HP2000 pads - it's what the car should have come from the factory with,


Will 312 go on it?
 
Will 312 go on it?

Yes - direct swap & bolt on change.

and you can still get the 16" steel spare over them


P1010640.jpg


see this thread - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275554
 
So just for example if I buy those 312 Bosch ones from ECP they would go straight on?

That could be an option.
 
What's all that about caliper changes? Excuse my ignorance. I'm a noob at all this.
 
on previous cars i've tried 'performance' discs and pads and my view was it wasn't worth the extra cost. They offered little over the standard set up. Tried grooved discs once - never again, they were very noisy. The only noticeable difference were hi-temp pads (M1144's). They didn't stop you any quicker but they kept working long after the standard ones had faded.

If you are serious about improving braking performance then go for the bigger discs and calipers as explained above.
 
10815888_10152892325820853_1053372641_n.jpg


best upgrade evar.

speak to turbo boy on here(robbie) hes a nice lad.
 
Unless your going bigger discs, upgrading to more expensive discs only will not help you stop quicker. The discs is just a metal face for the pads to bite onto, expensive discs don't bite against pads harder. Getter quality discs may and probably will last longer and the materials deal with heat better but that's about it. Grooved discs etc are just for show.

Pads on the overhand make the real difference, cheap nasty pads will feel like your using blocks of wood as pads and will judder and fade as soon as any heat is in them. The least you want to go for pads wise is OEM spec pagid for direct replacement and ds2500 for upgrade pads.

The standard 288..... These are shocking brakes, utter useless. I've fitted lots of 312 setups to Ibizas (even my own in the past) and the difference even with OEM pagid pads is unreal, brilliant bang for buck upgrade.

I built a fair few sets, refurbish them and sell them as kits, I done Petes as above, I have 330mm porsche 4pots on mine but these require a much larger budget.

I can do upgrades and powder coated standard replacements
 
By the way the set in the link are more expensive than what I do them for (only just though) but they supply cheap nasty pads, my kits come with pagid pads
 
I've sent brakes all over inc turkey (just sent a porsche 4pot set) and Slovenia, postage is extra though obviously