Brake upgrade

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
On the continent the new toledo come with a 170PD engine which sucks as we don't get it, called the Sport Plus also came with Leather etc but I just want to go a little quicker. but not too quick as the dog gets car sick

Having looked at the spec's and reading some reviews is seems that there are 3 major difference's to the PD140.

1) A 30 BHP power hike
2) Different Suspension (simple upgrade???)
3) Different Brake Disc's front and rear along with calipers I assume

It also has bigger alloys but that is not supprising the 16's are puny

The question then arrises is can these parts be retro fitted to a 140PD to make is stop and go faster. The hard bit will I assume be the brakes. Would like to use the genuine SEAT bits. Can anyone help.

:confused:

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Appologise if this sounds like me telling you 'how to suck eggs' (wierd expression :confused: )

Next time you have a wheel off, you need to check how your current brakes are held onto the hub

On my mk2 Toledo (I assume you have a mk3) I had to fit hubs from a 20VT which have threaded lugs to bolt the caliper carriers into
2255235_17_full.jpg
.... even if you're just fitting other std bigger brakes

If your current brakes (the piston half) have carriers that appear to be part of the hub casting, you'll have to replace these to fit bigger brakes.

Last edited:

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
Will I be able to get the brake assembly kits from an Altea FR and fit them directly to a MKIII toledo. I assume that both cars use the same wheel hubs etc.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
As I understand it, the Toledo and Altea are mechanically identical so should be fine.

You could probably just ask for "the brakes" from a scrappers and see what turned up ... but you'll have to be quick trying to fit them incase you subsequently found that you needed the hubs too ... and the car may have already gone. :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.