Brand new clening kit required

bakester69

Nov 30, 2008
Monmouth, S.Wales
Hi all,
Now all of my cleaning kit, sponges, polish everything is just about knackered.
I am looking to buy all new stuff and spend around the £150 mark, less if possible. lol.
Ive looked in the rubbish boys shop and can't choose!

Please could people suggest a kit for me if possible

Nick

stevei'D

Jul 22, 2008
I know what you mean, choices choices!
Ive always been into cleaning my car but realised theres a lot more to it than shampoo, clay and polish/wax. After a few weeks of surfing the net ive now bought the following.

Megs clay bar kit £22
Megs three step £22
Megs #7 Glaze £11
Autoglym hi-def wax £28
Microfibre (MF) cloths x3 £12
Megs MF drying towel £12
Megs engine kit £22

I already have 2x buckets, 2x megs wash mit, and a few MF cloths from Megs from previous purchases of clay bar kits etc. I also have some Autoglym tyre dressing, bumper care, window cleaner and polish plus a few other odds and sods from previous buys. All the prices are about what i paid (from memory), plus a bit of P&P here and there.

Don't think from a novice point of view that you cant go to wrong with the above, Ive just basically spent hours on here searching and reading all the posts, plus google'ing many of the products people rate to see what else people say about them, some of the detailing forums are good sources of info as our the poeple on here that have used the product and posted reviews/results/pics.

Ive had my FR+ for nearly a year now, she was clayed when i first got her and is now up for another 6monthly going over (in between the weekly wash and wax of course). Ill try and post some pics of finished results but ive got to wait for a nice few days off. Ive also got the other halfs black mini to do and something else rather special, its very big and orange, ill leave it at that until i get the pics!

Happy buying
Steve

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.