brand new clutch switch wont stay in!! and now boost problem since changing

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
I bought a brand new clutch position switch as my old one wasnt in and the thread had stripped

The new switch screws in but as soon as i release the clutch pedal it shoots out which has stripped the thread on the new one too!! [:@]

does anyone have a way around this?

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
i managed to get the switch in, it adjusted the pedal and the bite point and then the clutch is slipping so i guess the old owner did this to stop it slipping for a while

now i unplugged the sensor im now having boost problem??

car goes to 12psi and then backs off to 10psi

before it was 18psi

owner for one week and i regret it already :(

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i thought they fitted by pushing in and twisting 90'

disconnecting it won't help boost i would think - ecu will think your riding the pedal or sat there with the clutch in

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
i thought they fitted by pushing in and twisting 90'

disconnecting it won't help boost i would think - ecu will think your riding the pedal or sat there with the clutch in

the brake pedal sensors do, but my clutch one has a thread and it screws into pedal

thats does sound true, at the minute my switch is dangling under the dash, when the clutch is out the pedal switch is pushed in so if i could keep the switch pushed in somehow and see what happens

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
should only be sticking out enough to break the circuit ideally - try a bit of PTFE tape over the threads , not a cure but will help until a new one sourced

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
should only be sticking out enough to break the circuit ideally - try a bit of PTFE tape over the threads , not a cure but will help until a new one sourced

ill give it a go cheers

i actually have the new switch in now but as i couldn't get that one to stay in the pedal either its dangling too lol

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
owch - lol - screw the next one in bit by bit ;) shame really as i have a box full of brake switches here but clutch ones :) would have kept ya busy all night :)

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
owch - lol - screw the next one in bit by bit ;) shame really as i have a box full of brake switches here but clutch ones :) would have kept ya busy all night :)

lol

only problem is i think the old owner took the switch out so it would adjust the clutch, without the switch in the pedal is high and the bite point is right at the top and almost unusable

i used the old switch and glued it into the pedal which held it in and lowered the bite point, but the clutch was slipping its t*** off so couldnt really moniter the boost or anything and had to take it out again

sorry for the long read lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.