brand new ibiza sport pd tdi 1.9

16vcupra_andy

ive been thinking about 1 of these,
what are they like to drive etc,
whats the power like etc?

Deleted member 19188

I've got the DAB version of the 1.9 TDi and I'm very happy with it. Power is great (but I've just downsized from a Passat with the same engine). Best way to see if you like it is a test drive!! I tried the 1.4 sport and thought it was a bit gutless, but like I say I have just come from a Passat.

Topsey

Jan 21, 2007
I've also got the 1.9TDi DAB version (and used to have the 1.9 new Passat) and absolutely love my car. MPG is great and very happy with performance - it shifts! :D
I test drove a few versions (petrol and diesel) before settling on the one I've got and it really is down to personal preference though.

Last edited:

Triple D

it only has a 100 bhp iirc doesnt it the 1.9 sport? PAH, get a hybrid on it then you'll feel power :p

Deleted member 19188

Its the one i should have got instead of the 1.4 petrol but it was just out of my price range!:cry:
Mine was an ex-demo, with just 3k miles and 3 months old, I saved about £1500. They didn't want to really get rid of the demo so quick but I talked them round ;)

Deleted member 13581

I have had one for over a year now and i must say i love it.

Yeah it has 100BHP but a wee re-map and it certainly shifts.

MPG, Performance (bearing in mind mine has had a re-map) and size is exaclty what i was looking for.

I was originally going for the 1.4 but asked about the diesel and for near-enough the same price, the performance and the extra MPG added up to a bargain in my mind.

As said before, i would take it for a test drive. You wont be dissapointed.

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
Love mine. Had it for a little over 6 months and I've done 16000 miles - no problems so far, excellent service, flies - and I'm only 18 and the insurance is pretty cheap.

Took 3 weeks to get it delivered, and in the best colour too :D hehe.

16vcupra_andy

cheers every 1, ive got a test drive booked for next week and also for the 130,
ill only get the 130 if i can afford it tho

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
I like my 130 sport and its great if you like to bowl about effortlessly
If you still enjoy winding a 16V up and sprinting for the horizon, you might find the pd disappointing. If you ure used to a valver then the amount of low down pull from a pd suggests truly spectacular top end performance whereas in fact a diesel just tails off

Try them and see
Depends how much of a hooligan you are :) vs how much you like to waft about

dex130

Jan 22, 2007
I love my sport 1.9tdi. The power delivery is awesome u can really feel the turbo kick in and when ya keep it in the right rev range it feels like it bends time. When i first picked it up i couldnt believe how fast it was!!

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
Bends time!????
Well they are fine little cars but a 130 is no faster than my 21 year old Golf Gti 8V until beyond 110mph so as much as like my little oil burner thet are not actually 'fast' cars in this day and age

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
Ive heard people picking up the FR TDi for a smidge over £11,000 recently. Definately worth haggling for especially as it leaves 170+bhp only £500 away.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.