Brands Hatch 28/01/09

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Just thought I'd post a few pics up that were taken of my Ibiza on a track day at Brands on Wednesday :)

XSP_0013.jpg

XSP_0014.jpg

XSP_0041.jpg

XSP_0073.jpg

XSP_0078.jpg

XSP_0310.jpg

XSP_0358.jpg

_DSC0060.jpg

_DSC0157.jpg

Unfortunately it rained throughout the day but still had a great time out there. Let me know what you think

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
cool pics mate,some of them may be worth frameing like

what grade tint is that mate???????

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Cheers. I'm not sure what grade they are as they were the only mod already done when I bought the car. Believe it or not they are lighter on the front than the back

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
very nice pics there mate :thumbup: would defo frame some of em. your 2nd pic looks like the splitter's gonna touch the tarmac hehe

Cheers. I'm not sure what grade they are as they were the only mod already done when I bought the car. Believe it or not they are lighter on the front than the back

your tints look the same all-round. the back always look darker due to the rear window being tinted as well, so less light gets into the back. yours seem to be darker than mine which is at 35% (medium smoke)...so i would say yours is either 55% or 65% (dark smoke)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I bet paddock was fun in the rain
Was that your 1st time?

My first time at Brands yeah, I did the Nurburgring last April and hope to go again this year when I've finished the engine work :)

Yeah Paddock was a bit savage in the wet, but not as bad as the downhill braking after Druids - ABS was having a fit while the back end was trying desperately to stay in a straight line, all good fun though. My friend span his car on Paddock on his first session when I went out with him, I just sat there laughing. Good little track though

very nice pics there mate :thumbup: would defo frame some of em.

Cheers, yeah think I'll get some blown up and framed :)

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Yeah Cadwell looks pretty interesting, bit of a treck from my house but probably worth the journey when I get the chance.

I'd like to start doing Combe as it's right on my door step but my insurance won't cover me around there :/

dubz_wm

DuBaHolIcS.co.uk
Jul 25, 2008
Wimbledon, Surrey
Awesome pics!were they taken by a mate or were they professionally done by some f1 photographer? i am at brands on sunday, now ive seen them i cant wait!! hoping its dry tho :)

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Thanks. They were taken by a professional photographer who was there all day and much better photos than any of my mates managed to snap of me so worth the money :)

Yeah you'll enjoy it mate, just take it easy past Druids if it's wet - that downhill section can be a nightmare. All good fun tho :D

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Looks like a great day. I love Brands in the wet, last time I was there was December, and it was wet (not soaking like you had), but had one of my most enjoyable trackdays ever.

I know what you mean about braking hard after druids for Graham Hill, I could pretty much get the car sliding all the way through that onto the back straight (it felt nice, but im sure it was a very slow way of getting round the corner).

Dont suppose anyone on your trackday managed to stuff an atom into the tyres? :whistle:

SDI_6221.jpg

Last edited:

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
We want pics!

Robbie looks like a boat would have been a safer bet, did you enjoy it even though it was raining, as ive only done brands in the dry

ian_cupra

looks good mate, looks like there is a fair bit of role though?

bet it was fun in the wet :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Yeah to be honest as long as you didn't push your luck it was great fun in the wet :) It challenges you more to control the car as well (as well as being easier on the tyres).

Yeh Ian there does seem to be a fair amount of roll but not sure why when I've got KW coilies, Neuspeed Front 25/Rear 28 mm ARBs, uprated wishbone bushes and front upper & lower strut braces. Not much else I can do :( Can only assume it's the damper settings on the coilies

Even so I was surprised at how positive the car responded in the wet - loving my Uniroyal Rainsports that's for sure

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise