Brembo 4pot brakes Retrofit (sub 8 performance pack brakes)

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Last edited:

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
I was wondering wich is beter to get.

Last edited:

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I wouldn't expect major differences. All these are fabricated locally by an external provider of Hel/Goodridge under their specifications of course. If I got a picture of the shop that delivered mine I'd be surprised if anyone would trust them for their brakes. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: Cupra Ultimate

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
I wouldn't expect major differences. All these are fabricated locally by an external provider of Hel/Goodridge under their specifications of course. If I got a picture of the shop that delivered mine I'd be surprised if anyone would trust them for their brakes. :giggle:
Then i will go with Hell then, will order them tonight. Thanks by the way did you code your abs when you did the retrofit.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Yes I did. According to the excel file I sent before. You have to let the car know that you changed the calipers to get the most out of them and be safe.
yeah i read the excel and also check on my car with vcds and its only byte4 that you have to change so its know that you have 370mm disc
370mm (PR. 1ZT, FC1, 05A, 05I), mine says there according to the excel 340mm (PR. 1LD, 1LM, 1LG, 1LA)

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
byte4 Front Brake - Mirrored in Byte 17
by my it said in byte4 hex 50
and byte 17 hex 0A
so do i need to adjust both or only byt4

Last edited:

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
It's been a few years now and I don't remember exactly. I think only the mirror byte is changed. Give it a look at Ross-Tech forum to be sure.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Have checked my 2018 Cupra R with 370 mm discs / 4 pot Brembo with OBDEleven.

Byte 4 =C4. Byte 17=23. From what I have read in the "www" both codes must be changed before saving. As my car was delivered with it i haven't don it my self!

/Peter
Thanks correct need to change both of these byte. I will when i mount the brakes and I will let know here on the forum how it went.

Reactions: TheSwede

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Bought yesterday the brakeset for mine. will post picture when i mounted on mine car.
was also checking for the rear brake. someone experience with this:
if put these on the rear (Rear 356x22mm Disc) what about coding for them?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Bought yesterday the brakeset for mine. will post picture when i mounted on mine car.
was also checking for the rear brake. someone experience with this:
if put these on the rear (Rear 356x22mm Disc) what about coding for them?
I doubt you'd be able to 'code' these rear discs - as they have never been fitted to an MQB car.
The 356 rear disc is form the RS6!

Reactions: Stefan147
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise