Brembo GT(not original)

May 13, 2007
Denmark
3 days ago I got the Brembo GT kit fitted and the kit are bed in after brembo's guide.

When I hit the brake it feels very HARD, are not like it's bedding instantly....
Is this normal?? My old 312mm did it... my they might be heated faster than the new brembo?

Bip??

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Come on, with that much cupra R's in there must be one with an suggestion? May'be it's just the 4 pistons vs 1?? lol

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Not too sure what you mean with this Gubien TBH.
I have a small bit of pedal travel before I start to get very hard breaking but there isn't a huge amount of pedal travel till it gets hard and the brakes are fully applied and done their job.

May 13, 2007
Denmark
As you say, i have en bit pedal travel, but then it gets very "hard"... like i have to put som effort in stepping on the brake.
Didnt seem to need that with the old ones...may'be they just sucked??..lol

My car doesnt not brake even at the back, which will be sorted out wednesday, so I dont have the guts to really step on the brake...

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you should'nt have a hard pedal, as in have to push hard to stop it.. sounds wrong to me.
bedding in and the initial bite will get better.

does it feel almost as if your servo is not working? that kind of hard pedal, have to push really hard to stop? vacuum leak to servo?

May 13, 2007
Denmark
I think my problem could be that i mostly drive on the highway... 80km a day 75km on highway, so the discs might be cold and when i then drive off the highway i might not get the bite i'd expected? Cause when i drive around town, the brakes seems to respond fine... but, tomorrow i will be able to give you an better answer, as the rear brakes will be change...(they are not braking equally)

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Anyways, might ask the seat dealer which will be changing the rears of a second opinion.
I might just be totally wrong...never had a "big brake" kit before...

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Ok, the rear are new now, and the feeling is alot better.. but I think they work better when they have some heat... compared to the old ones..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise