broken glove box!

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
ok well the handle bit with the lock on it has just snapped off my glove box:whistle: and i can honestly say it wasnt me as it was hanging on one side when i got it! any idea of what i can do as i have been told i'll have to buy a brand new whole glove box for wait for it................... a little more.................. £130!!

sack that lol any one shed any light?:(

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
The same thing happened to mine a while back, when my misses came walking up to me with it in her hand saying "this just came off in my hand"! Yeah right woman.....l'm sure it did! :lol:

Anyway, l got a whole replacement handle set up for around £27 directly from Seat themselves. You have to swap the locks over (which is VERY simple to do) but the whole set up just unscrews from inside the glove box and pulls out....then just replace it with the new one in reverse! Simples! :D

l can get you the exact part number when l get home from the invoice, if thats any help?

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
The same thing happened to mine a while back, when my misses came walking up to me with it in her hand saying "this just came off in my hand"! Yeah right woman.....l'm sure it did! :lol:

Anyway, l got a whole replacement handle set up for around £27 directly from Seat themselves. You have to swap the locks over (which is VERY simple to do) but the whole set up just unscrews from inside the glove box and pulls out....then just replace it with the new one in reverse! Simples! :D

l can get you the exact part number when l get home from the invoice, if thats any help?

yes please dougie their trying to screw me over for an entire glove box!!! cheers

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
They tried to do the same thing to me at first! l ended up going in to see them after a couple of battles over the phone with the part in hand and simply said "l want one of these, not the full glove box" and after some shop monkey ran around for 10 minutes or so, he found it on the system and they had it in after about 2 days! l'm sure it was only around £27 including VAT - which l thought was quite good! Then the lock just pops in place once you've swapped it round.

l'll be at home later this evening, so l'll upload the part number for you then... :)

cupra_fr

Same happened to mine, but i found the bit and superglued it back on, its fine, but could do with a new one just to be safe, part number would be great mate :)

Goose1

Same happened to mine a few times but they do pull off easily. The first few times nothing broke just one side came out of the little insert and it popped back in very easily, then the last time it snapped but glued back on............ As above though very easy to replace, only 4 torx headed screws and then pulls out.

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
cheers dougie! im going to order this part 2moro....how did you do it? remove old part and screw in new part? but the lock will be different will it not?

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
cheers dougie! im going to order this part 2moro....how did you do it? remove old part and screw in new part? but the lock will be different will it not?

lts REALLY easy and will take you no more than 5 minutes!!!

- Open the glove box
- On the inside of the drop down part you'll see a seperate panel with 4/5 screws
- Use a torx 15 (l think) screw drive and unscrew all of them
- The whole panel will then pull out from the back
- Using a flat head, pop the old lock barrel out of the handle (you'll see what l mean)
- Push the lock barrel in to the new handle
- Push the new panal in again fron the back, in the same whay you pulled the old one out
- Put the screws back in
- JOB DONE! :)

petey085

Pete
May 19, 2011
Hey all, can you tell me if you get the actual lid of the glove box with a new handle when ordering the above part? Mine is all lose and has a gap, as handle broken and previous owner wedged it open everytime to open it!

JGTIS

lts REALLY easy and will take you no more than 5 minutes!!!

- Open the glove box
- On the inside of the drop down part you'll see a seperate panel with 4/5 screws
- Use a torx 15 (l think) screw drive and unscrew all of them
- The whole panel will then pull out from the back
- Using a flat head, pop the old lock barrel out of the handle (you'll see what l mean)
- Push the lock barrel in to the new handle
- Push the new panal in again fron the back, in the same whay you pulled the old one out
- Put the screws back in
- JOB DONE! :)

same has happened to me, how do you get the glove box open with the handle snapped off?

Gingerbread Man

Aug 22, 2013
Gloucester
Time to resurrect an old thread Hans Not long had my Leon cupra, I bought it with the handle already broken but there's no lock and basicly no remains of the handle, I have to use this thing that looks a bit like a tooth to try to access my glove box. I'll be off to seat to seat to try to get a replacement, hopefully my key will fit the lock barrel the give me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members