Broken spring!

Djimbo

Heard a bang last night so had a look today and my drivers side front spring has snapped.
Dont really want to lower it and thats all ebay has to offer.
Is it best to change them as a pair or will one be ok?
By the way its a 1.8T cupra

ian_cupra

god knows, you might be able to find some second hand ones on here?

Djimbo

ill sale mine for 20 plus p+p if you want mate let me know..

ok cheers mate
i'll see how much they want for new ones. can get them at trade price through work.
how soon would u post them if i did want them?

May 16, 2008
southampton
if u let me know tonight i can post them tommrrow as got a post office near work i can get new ones from work sach ones not sure how much though. i work for benchmark same as euro car parts..

Djimbo

i'll see how much they are cos they are genuine parts and sometimes hav them in stock so i can get it done straight away. I'll let u know how i get on

Djimbo

i work for a water well drilling company but we have VW vans and our own workshop, so can get parts through them

Mat

I've just sold the front!

AFAIK, they were about £40 (+VAT) each for the 1.4 when the same happened to me. Was cheaper to buy lowering springs all round

Mat

Not always better. If you just get lowering springs alone, they will **** up your standard shocks as you're putting more strain/stress on them!

Within about 6-9 months of having lowering springs, did I know about it! Became a VERY harsh ride, until I replaced the 1.4 shocks with cupra shocks

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
Not always better. If you just get lowering springs alone, they will **** up your standard shocks as you're putting more strain/stress on them!

Within about 6-9 months of having lowering springs, did I know about it! Became a VERY harsh ride, until I replaced the 1.4 shocks with cupra shocks

ahhh but he has cupra shocks so therefor should be better

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.