BT Parrot CK3100 Kits

Looking to get one of these bad boys for Christmas if Santas kind to me.

As I'm not that technically 'gifted' then I'm looking to get this fitted, I've googled it and found these guys on the web:

http://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/bluetooth_hands_free_car_kits.html

Has anybody used them before? It's just that I'm a little concerned about any Tom, Richard or Harry messing around with my car!

They seem fairly reputable; it's just actual customers opinions can help make your mind up!

Opinions are welcome!!

:cheers:

sssstew

Editing your spelling
spooky mate! i was looking at getting one of those and using AVR as they are only up the road from me. But then it all changed when i saw i could use the tomtom go 510 for bluetooth handsfree instead.

I did speak to them about the installation and they seemed fairly knowledgable though.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
I have the ck3100 in my Leon, compared to the Nokia CK1W I had in my last Leon it's better as the screen shows you who is calling and has phone book synchronisation. It also works with all bluetooth phones, not just Nokias as the CK1W did.... The only problem was finding a decent place to fit the display, we went for under the light switch in the Leon.

Blanco

I've just had avr install the CK3100 into my v50 and they did a good job.

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
Dead easy to install as it's prewired to fit in the wiring loom for the radio
As has been said it's a bit awkward finding an "ideal" spot for the display, I put mine on the dash tight up under the A pillar

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
i have the previous verson.... ck3000 (i think) any ideas if i can just buy or upgrade to the new ck3100 screen part or what?.... just that the ck 3000 is sitting in its box still...

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
Tincan - you can do some kind of upgrade to an EVO one. But you would probably be better off just flogging your CK3000 and buying a CK3100.

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
These really are great. Such a good purchase. Connects straight to your phone when ignition is switched on, plays through the actual car speakers, voice activated dialing and pre-loaded voice recognition... awesome bit of kit...

I found the best location is top right of the windscreen, tucked in 'next' to the A-Pillar and the roof lining. There are a couple of ways of mounting them, but this seemed best for me. It is hidden nicely behind the Sunstrip meaning it is completely hidden from anyone wandering around the car at night. Good on anti-theft...

I had mine fitted by RCA in Cheadle, a bit far to go from South Wales, but any decent ICE fitter should know what they are doing with them. Get a few quotes so you know you arent getting duped into paying too much.

These really are great. Such a good purchase. Connects straight to your phone when ignition is switched on, plays through the actual car speakers, voice activated dialing and pre-loaded voice recognition... awesome bit of kit...

I found the best location is top right of the windscreen, tucked in 'next' to the A-Pillar and the roof lining. There are a couple of ways of mounting them, but this seemed best for me. It is hidden nicely behind the Sunstrip meaning it is completely hidden from anyone wandering around the car at night. Good on anti-theft...

I had mine fitted by RCA in Cheadle, a bit far to go from South Wales, but any decent ICE fitter should know what they are doing with them. Get a few quotes so you know you arent getting duped into paying too much.

Thanks for this! Cheers - excellent feedback and what it seems is a top notch product!

Santa - please put this in your sack for me!

p1tse

Dec 1, 2004
will look into this.

where's the microphone for this unit?
also what happens when you sell the car, you guys taking it out?

can it be done DIY?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.