Yeah will do. Should be easy enough. It doesn't need to be a hard-fixed solution. In fact, it doesn't really need to be moulded at all. It's just to make the screws sit in nicer.
But the DVD case is so thin, and the plastic so flexible that I should just be able to bend the front plate strip into the general shape I need.
Then screw it into the vent and drill the holes using the vent holes as a template.
Got some DVD boxes and pipe stiffeners in the post now so going to get the front plate sorted asap.
If it's a go. I can just trace it, put it in a JPG and put in on here for people to print out and make templates.
The rear backing plate doesn't even have to be one piece. I have 2 in my picture above.
Instead of the pipes, you could just use a 5mm thick piece of acrylic and have the front/back plate in one with a bit tinkering. But this would take a dremel and some fanciness.
Can't be bothered.