Btcc Ltd Edition Leon FR

cuprascott

Leon FR DSG 150 Tdi
Nov 28, 2006
Hmm w@nk colour, Horrid wheels, Green Tints and non ajustable head rests. Hawd me back!!!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Cupra diesel? Would need at least 200bhp and would need to sort out the DPF first!. Just ordered Cupra K1 for this very reason. Otherwise would have loved the sound of a Cupra D.

I agree with you, but in my humble opinion, and no offence intended here, but I think the K1 is to the Cupra what this special edition is to the FR.

Special Edition FR TDi Ingredients -
Take FR TDi - Spray in yucky colour.
Add cheap looking wheels
Change Cupra seats with FR stitching to worse seats.
Add special badge
Done

Special Edition Cupra K1 ingredients -
Take Leon Cupra
Add Aero kit which is available on every Leon.
Make exhaust VXR style.
Add special badge
Done

As mentioned above, SEAT are cheapening the range. The Cupra K1 should have been something more along the lines of the following

Bespoke better looking style body kit that is both unique to the Cupra and pleasing to the eye - same idea as the MK1 Leon Cupra R
Perhaps some bigger/nicer wheels
An aftermarket exhaust (same as Vauxhall have done with the Ashtray Nurburgring) as standard with option of SEAT approved tuning.
Further uprated suspension
Brembo (or similar) brakes
RS3/RS4 style seats
LSD
S3/bigger intercooler and 20bhp more would have been nice too.

The special edition FR could have the new 200bhp engine, Cupra suspension and setup and front bumper, sexy wheels etc etc.

To make them really unique, a wee plaque with individual numbers would be nice too.

But no, like the others have said, they have taken two standard cars, raided the non performance enhancing parts bin, stuck them on and called it a special edition. I for one am glad my Cupra does not have the Aero kit or a centre exit exhaust.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.