BTCC Oulton Park Sunday June 6th Thanks

2010cupra

Just got back from BTCC at Oulton Park - I was one of the lucky winners in a recent www.club-seat.co.uk prize draw. It was a good choice to take the Boc, only high performance Seat in the VIP car park.
Can I say thanks to all at Club Seat who made the day very memorable.
06062010266.jpg

06062010264.jpg

06062010269.jpg

06062010259.jpg

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Oulton Park still lacks something, about 50 plus SEAT's parked on the bank in front of Cascades. :( The Barmy Army put on a good display of flags etc on Knickerbrook :) but there was a distinct lack of SEAT, Vauxhall and even Honda support seemed subdued somehow.

Something has to be said for club parking, it really makes a statement and a centered show of support.

Bumped into John, Dean and Andy from Awesome at the back of Shaun's pits, then went looking for Hannah. Never found her though other than peeping my horn at her when I arrived, she's always on the go though..busy busy. :D

Hope everyone had a good day, I stayed until 3.30, then decided to beat the crowds out and watch Race 3 at home.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I've got a few of the Yellow Cupra R, but not had time to take my photos off the camera, I'll do them this evening when I get in.

The Kiwi R is I believe the one, myself, m0rk and Syphon drove back in February.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Yes mate that was us, the Red LCR was Cupracar's.

BARMYARMY-1.jpg

Over kill on the flags maybe ..... NEVER !

Z, sadly it looked too wet and slippy to risk lining up all the Seats on the hill near Knickerbrook. We assumed a biblical storm was coming later and traction issues come 6 o 'clock!

Having said that total "Van age" from the one and only Nibbles. As it's got such a subtle colour scheme and modest signwriting it needed a few flags to liven it up :bleh: I wonder if the Barmy army encampment showed up on TV at all. :whistle:

Thanks to all the usual supects for a great weekend. Huge crowd in the Saturday sunshine and absolutely packed yesterday. Will be surprised if it's not the biggest crowd of the season. Race two epic. Well done JP.

Fulvio had issues with competitors subtly modifying his car on Saturday and possibly Sunday as well, looking at the rear bodywork, so solid results but not reflecting his best yet. Better luck at Croft.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its why I prefer Cascades its rarely that bad there even when its wet, and you can at least roll down to the hard standing then you can drive out easily. Driving up the grass is a no brainer in the wet you just won't be able to do it, but thats what the gravel road at the bottom is for at Cascades. :) Though viewing is good at Knickerbrook, its just a bit out on the fringes for my taste, I like to nip back and forth to the paddock etc.

However my point was that the event has lost its interest because large groups are seemingly shunned from getting together. It creates a community spirit, that no doubt is what brought the Barmy Army together in the first place. :)

Sadly however hard you try, its impossible to orchestrate a mass park up, because people don't arrive in time, don't get the message where to meet, get held up, get stuck in traffic getting into the venue. Passes worked because people didn't have to turn up on mass, but could filter in over time. Early birds getting the best spots.

However when you just have a general parking system, you don't have a base of interest and the whole spirit of event is lost. The last couple of years have been dull in my opinion, I had my family with me last year so was more distracted having the nieces to entertain.

But this year I came alone, so took more time to wander around and though it was still busy, it didn't seem to me that you could point to supporters groups.

Rose tinted glasses I guess..

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
Good day out yesterday. Saw a few SCN stickered cars.

Got plenty of pics of Boardman stuck in the tyrewall at the end of the 3rd race, those wheels were not pointing quite in the intended direction.

Anyone hear why the Typhoon display got cancelled? I was loking forward to that after the teaser earlier in the day.

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
Yeah, saw the typhoon first time round but it was supposed to be coming back for a longer 8 minute display at 2pm. Just read on another forum that locals complained about the noise, so it got cancelled.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise