Build date

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
How long do you have to wait before you get a build date from placing an order? I ordered my Arona on the 23rd November but still don’t have even an estimated build date. All I was told when ordering the car is that the expected delivery date was 16-18 weeks which would mean the car is due around the end of March.

Dazmcg

Oct 28, 2021
How long do you have to wait before you get a build date from placing an order? I ordered my Arona on the 23rd November but still don’t have even an estimated build date. All I was told when ordering the car is that the expected delivery date was 16-18 weeks which would mean the car is due around the end of March.
Dealer should know your build date they gave me mine after a few phone calls

Tell

Staff member
Dealer should know your build date they gave me mine after a few phone calls
They don't like digging into the system and like to be just vague.

The build date is when the factory allocates when its going to be built. To save hassling your dealer you can contact Seat Customer Services who can get someone to look it up on the factory system. You do need a Seat Customer number which the dealer needs to give you... well that's how it use to be. If you have a tricky dealer you can do it that way.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I have been given a confirmed build date for week 9 (w/c 28/02/22) today so hoping I can collect the car on the 2nd April 🤞

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I have been told the car is built and in transit to the port so hopefully be able to pick it up on my partners birthday on the 2nd of April 🤞

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
My car is currently on a ship called Aquarius Ace due into Sheerness this Thursday 24th March at 1am so hopefully will get transferred to my dealer in Ashford within a few days so they can PDI the car and fit the front parking sensors and reversing camera in time for collection on 2nd April 🤞

Tell

Staff member
Control gets passed to the dealer once it's in port had its inspections etc. Then it's up to the dealer to request the transporter to deliver. If for example they don't have space in the dealership they may leave it in the compound at the port till they are ready. So once its had all its inspections then you can tell the dealer to arrange transport if your information is coming from customer services rather than the dealer. That may expedite it. That's what I did. Was out of country but wanted it ready for collection when I got home.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Control gets passed to the dealer once it's in port had its inspections etc. Then it's up to the dealer to request the transporter to deliver. If for example they don't have space in the dealership they may leave it in the compound at the port till they are ready. So once its had all its inspections then you can tell the dealer to arrange transport if your information is coming from customer services rather than the dealer. That may expedite it. That's what I did. Was out of country but wanted it ready for collection when I got home.
Thanks Tell, Seat customer services told me the name of the ship my car is on so I can track it on Marine traffic which says the ships eta is 1am on Thursday. My dealer has said there is no reason why I won’t be able to collect the car on 2nd April as it’s goin to be my partner’s car and it is her birthday that day. It’s not the first car I have purchased from them so I’m sure it will be fine 🤞

Tell

Staff member
Thanks Tell, Seat customer services told me the name of the ship my car is on so I can track it on Marine traffic which says the ships eta is 1am on Thursday. My dealer has said there is no reason why I won’t be able to collect the car on 2nd April as it’s goin to be my partner’s car and it is her birthday that day. It’s not the first car I have purchased from them so I’m sure it will be fine 🤞
Customer service do the ship name thing to keep the customers happy. It was them that told me to then hassle the dealer for the transporter. I was progress chasing from Japan 😉. I'd got the pet to pick up and car 😂. All fun.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Customer service do the ship name thing to keep the customers happy. It was them that told me to then hassle the dealer for the transporter. I was progress chasing from Japan 😉. I'd got the pet to pick up and car 😂. All fun.
The ship my car is on docked at 11pm Friday night and left again midday on Saturday so I guess my car is in Sheerness waiting to be transported to the dealership in Ashford. I spoke to my sales lady and she said that the car is still at status 30 meaning it is in transit from the factory to the port in Spain. She did say that it is not uncommon for the system not to have been updated and thinks they will get my car either Monday or Tuesday, she said they are expecting 12 cars to be delivered and can’t see why it wouldn’t be ready to collect next Saturday.

Tell

Staff member
The ship my car is on docked at 11pm Friday night and left again midday on Saturday so I guess my car is in Sheerness waiting to be transported to the dealership in Ashford. I spoke to my sales lady and she said that the car is still at status 30 meaning it is in transit from the factory to the port in Spain. She did say that it is not uncommon for the system not to have been updated and thinks they will get my car either Monday or Tuesday, she said they are expecting 12 cars to be delivered and can’t see why it wouldn’t be ready to collect next Saturday.
As long as it's not on P&O you'll fine 🤔.

That's only thing they said to me the shipping responsibility changes to the dealer once it's had it's inspections. Five years ago they were talking about inspections before It got on the boat but they probably inspect them again when it's in the compound this side at the dock.... then it's up to the dealer to request the transporter to pick the car up. Where the accurate codes come in.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
My dealer has called to book collection of the car next Saturday 9th April, it would have been ready to collect tomorrow but they are waiting for the brackets for the front parking sensors to arrive.

Reactions: Tell
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise