bump strips

JR750

Jul 18, 2009
Getting my new Ibiza tomorrow. Noticed when i looked at it that one of the bump strips was a bit loose at the front and had pealed off. Can I stick it back with something or do i replace? If so how do i do that?

Cheers

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
just got mine back of seat, and the end bit seemed to be coming away, but it just pushed back on, its an adhesive sticky stuff they use. nothing you wont be able to do yourself!!

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
yeah i dont see why not, honestly couldnt say mate, problys quite alot from a dealer. just take them off if you dont want to pay the price.

mag

so are the bump strips on a 04 fr just stuck on with sticky pads if so ill be taking them off

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
the moudings are just stuck on but on removing them there are holes in the pannels for locating pins to go in to.

mag

the moudings are just stuck on but on removing them there are holes in the pannels for locating pins to go in to.

so if i take them off then there will be hols in my doors well that no good realy so i guess ill be leaving them on

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
so if i take them off then there will be hols in my doors well that no good realy so i guess ill be leaving them on

you got it! you could go all out and have the holes filled and smothed and then painted but would be cheaper to paint the mouldings

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
please excuse my ignorance but what are bump strips? are they the black plastic things running down each side of the car?

if so can you get chrome ones because i was thinking of getting chrome door handles and i think they need to match to look any good.:blink:

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
yep thats the ones.....

when it comes to chrome :cartman:

each to there own......but dont do it!

they only come in black texture so would need to be smoothed then have chrome effect paint :blink:

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
o sh!t. wel i suppose i could get them colour coded . iv kind of gone off the idea of the chrome handles.:shrug:

maybe you could help me. im looking for a chrome ring to go around the front grill (where the seat badge is). iv seen it on loads of cars but dont know where to get one. is it just a chrome strip that you fit yourself?

btw im not chrome mad or anything. :lol:this is all the chrome i want.:whistle:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Yes you can get them colour coded as I got the dealer to do them as part of the deal. If you don't wanto to drive around with holes in your door you could always get another set and get them painted as they're relatively cheap?

Anyway, here's what a red Ibiza looks like when they've been done.

main.php

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise