Bushes n rollbar links question.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Ok, ive got 2 questions and thought i may aswell stick em in 1 post.

I have rattling front rollbar D bushes. All standard stuff on a 2004 Cupra R.
What make bushes should i replace them with?
Anything on ebay? Links of decent sellers?
Whats the job like to do them, easy peasey or lowering the subframe etc...?

Second thing is i have a whiteline rear rollbar and the drop links look ropey.
Again, any decent alternatives or suppliers?

Cheers ma deers.

Rich

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Front bushes are easy enough - if memory serves, they're just behind the front subframe mount and you can get to them just by taking the wheels off. I think they're a 13mm bolt. Some people put new, longer bolts in because with the new bushes they can be hard to get the clamp seated properly so you can tighten them. I used M6 x 25mm ones and they fit fine.

You'll need to disconnect the drop links to put them in - there's a knack to rolling the roll bar backwards to put the bushes in, before rolling the bar forward to help the clamp get seated and put the bolt in. I loosen each side gently before taking the bolts all the way out - there's a lot of load on the ARB and the bolts can snap easily. Only tighten the clamp fully once all the bolts are in - otherwise it's hard to line the bolts up.

I've got SuperPro bushes on mine. I can't say I've noticed any difference in handling, but they're done and they're not causing me any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T and mty12345

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I run Superpro bushes up front on my TT ARB and made up some fresh drop links for the rear Neuspeed ARB using rose joints I found on eBay.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Front bushes are easy enough - if memory serves, they're just behind the front subframe mount and you can get to them just by taking the wheels off. I think they're a 13mm bolt. Some people put new, longer bolts in because with the new bushes they can be hard to get the clamp seated properly so you can tighten them. I used M6 x 25mm ones and they fit fine.

Easy enough he says… well, one side will be, the other side will have you cursing everyone from VAGs design departments. It requires leverage to get it back in line.

As for material, doesn’t really matter, it won’t make any real difference to handling, it’s more about longevity (but I have SuperPro on mine as well)

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Thanks all.
Im not after performance as the suspension is all standard apart from the rear arb.
Just want decent quality.
So I'll look at the superpro stuff.
It'll be a garage fitting the bushes i think.

Found some for sale. One set seas i need to measure the rollbar, another set is 25mm.
Anybody know what size it is?
Were there a few sizes fitted to the CR?

Last edited:

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Easy enough he says… well, one side will be, the other side will have you cursing everyone from VAGs design departments. It requires leverage to get it back in line.

As for material, doesn’t really matter, it won’t make any real difference to handling, it’s more about longevity (but I have SuperPro on mine as well)

I think I did mine around last Christmas and it was freezing then. I had just done my rear beam bushes and so I was totally ruined already, only for me to undo the control arm drop link bolt and the nearside one snapped. Then when I tried to put the ARB bushes in, there was a brittle plastic sleeve that stopped me getting the bush on. Once I got that off though, it was pretty straightforward...

Thanks all.
Im not after performance as the suspension is all standard apart from the rear arb.
Just want decent quality.
So I'll look at the superpro stuff.
It'll be a garage fitting the bushes i think.

Found some for sale. One set seas i need to measure the rollbar, another set is 25mm.
Anybody know what size it is?
Were there a few sizes fitted to the CR?

In spite of what I just said, it's not that hard a job to do - no need to take it to a garage. On jobs like these, knowing what you're likely to encounter is the main thing. Longer bolt and you'll be fine.

Cupra R has a narrower diameter ARB than the other Leons. My FR has a 23mm one and I think the Cupra R has a 19mm one - but I'm sure someone else can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Good to know what im looking for now.

In other news, ive just found these items on Ebay.
Screenshot_20211009-183348_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211009-183757_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.