Buying a Cupra this weekend

mookie

Hi, i'm buying my new Cupra on Saturday but i can't find the paper part of my license. :help: The dealer asked me to fax a copy of it to the finance company they use, before i phone them tomorrow to say i can't find it does anyone know if its a requirement to have the paper part to buy a car on finance?

Would never get it replaced on time by DVLA for weekend :(

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Surely the only reason they should ask to see your license is when you take a test drive :|

Only other thing I can think of is ID, but there are others forms of ID you can use.

Also, what if you were buying the car on finance for somebody else and you didn't have a license? ;)

mookie

Lol thanks i didn't see the need for it either but i was just getting myself worried i wouldn't be able to collect it sat :redface:

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Primarily it is for re-assurance that you are capable of driving and as an extra form of ID as well as and more importantly to check you are not banned! So without paper version they may not let you application go through.

I would still ring them and ask for justification prior to Saturday don't just wait.

Also you can ring DVLA directly these days, there's every chance you could get a duplicate before Saturday if you actioned today, will cost you though!!

Here's a link to dvla, you could use the premium service at post office or give them a call if mandated?

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/drivers.aspx

Good luck for Saturday, post your purchase :)

Chris mk2

Mar 27, 2008
Leeds
I work for a SEAT main dealer and no finance company will pay out without a copy of card and paper part of the customers driving licence. They need it as a primary source of proof of identity.

If the finance company wont pay out, they wont release the car to you.

mookie

^^^you could if you had provisional

managed to sort it out without the paper part, initially i was going to have to fill out a form but after sending a shed load of ID docs finance and dealer says its all good. Not long til i pick it up :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members