buying a cupra, what should I do?

LeoCupra

Hey guys,

My first post here. Im buying a cupra from 2007, I have seen one and I will buy the car. But before I get too excited, what are some things I should look out for before buying it?

How can I check its a real cupra and not a modified fr? What are some big differnces?

The car I would buy has 60k km's, anything specific I should ask for?

Does a cupra always have xenon? Is it standard or is it optional?

The colour inferia black, is it available on an fr or only on a cupra?

How can I recognize if the car had engine damage etc..?

Any tips you guys have for me?

I have more questions but will post them later.

Sorry for the poor english.

i'm sure inferia black is a cupra only colour, other differences are the front brakes are bigger, the door mirror caps should be black and the front seats are different. Also if you look under the bonnet the cupra should have a remote dv. You could also check the id plate which is a sticker under the boot carpet.

LeoCupra

That's a good idea, however the cupra is standard, no performance mods. Do you think this is useful. What are common fault codes on cupra's?

Poverty

That's a good idea, however the cupra is standard, no performance mods. Do you think this is useful. What are common fault codes on cupra's?

there are a few potentially big ones I would be concerned about that relate to the cam lobe. TBH realistically to scan the car is taking things a bit far, just give it a hard drive and make sure it drives will without a hiccup and pulls smoothly throughout the revs and that no fault codes pop up.

LeoCupra

Well, no but I forgot to look at the registration papers, they show the original bhp, and I didnt know how hard it would be to transform the car from an fr to a cupra. But now im pretty sure its an original cupra.

LeoCupra

This is the car, picking it up next week. :D

h*p://verkopen.marktplaats.nl/photopopup/318999946/1

h*p://verkopen.marktplaats.nl/photopopup/318999946/3

h*p://verkopen.marktplaats.nl/photopopup/318999946/5

Cant post pics, I need 15 posts before I can.

FR_Flavoured

This is the car, picking it up next week. :D

[Pictures]

Very nice looking car. Couple of subtle changes, has been de-badged on the rear tailgate and the suspension looks right over the Alloys (I thought even the Cupra, standard, sat higher than that normally?).

...Im sure you will have alot of fun in it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LeoCupra

Very nice looking car. Couple of subtle changes, has been de-badged on the rear tailgate and the suspension looks right over the Alloys (I thought even the Cupra, standard, sat higher than that normally?).

...Im sure you will have alot of fun in it! :)
Hey,

The suspension is lowered, thats correct, the owner put lowered springs on the car. It isnt that hard, but I will need to make some km's before I know if I like it this way, I might put on the original springs otherwise.

LeoCupra

I have no idea mate, the car isnt in my garage yet. Im picking it up next saturday. Thank god im going on holiday next week, waiting sucks.

that doesn't have xenons on it, xenons look like this ...

DSCF0554Medium.jpg

it does look like it has the winter pack though .. well headlamp wash

LeoCupra

that doesn't have xenons on it, xenons look like this ...

it does look like it has the winter pack though .. well headlamp wash

Hmm, I emailed the owner and he told me it has aftermarket xenon. He said the headlight washers were standard.

Is this possible judging from the pics?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members