Buying an Ibiza

Guaje7

OK.. a bit of advice needed if anyone can help.

I;m looking for an Ibiza mk4, for under £4200 tops. What's the best I'm going to get..? After looking round I'm struggling for anything from a dealer, and very little via private sale. The best I've found is an '03 Ibiza 1.2s, but I'd ideally like a 1.4, as the insurance doesn't differ very much between the .2 and .4 I've found.

Is £4200 too little to pay for a clean Ibiza 1.4...?

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Get the 1.2 mate - it revs a lot more freely and allows you to make better progress than the 1.4. It's not the quietest and its not the smoothest engine but it feels a lot more fun to drive than the 1.4 and its power is easier to use

Poverty

Off the line to 30mph the 1.2 is slightly faster than the 1.4 unless your a master at launches! The 1.4 doesnt really show its back to the 1.2 till your in 3rd gear. This is my observation between my car and my mates 1.2 polo.

As the model year 1.4's your looking at have got 75hp compared to my 85hp, I would definetly go for the 1.2 as there wouldnt be much in difference. Hell the 1.2 would probably be just as quick up to 60mph!

Takeoff in the 1.4 is very poor!

Guaje7

Cheers lads/lasses.

One more thing, about the 1.2.. there seem to be so many variants.. are they mostly just cosmetic differences..? I've seen a "standard" 1.2, a 1.2s, and a 1.2se..?

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
yer my 1.2 is pretty quick have 2 say, I do all the cars at college other than the bloke with the A3.Not much of an achievment as tghere all corsas, clios and puntos

chris04 sx

speak up & stop mumbling
Apr 23, 2007
Horsham, W.Sussex
Hiya, When lookin for my Ibiza, I road tested the 1.2 & 1.4 and found 1.4 being the slowest engine of the two!!!
My (04) 1.2 SX has a/c climate control,FFL.
What sort of millage are u looking for!! mine had 24 1/2k and was £5995!! +1 year warranty from Seat Dealer
just keep looking till u find something special!!
chris..

madjak1987

u might get lucky just keep looking i payed

£4700
Seat Ibiza Sport 1.4 55 06reg black magic
had just over 8k on the clock when i got it

so u never know what might pop up
but u could get a nice mk3 for that money still

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.