buying fr pd150 advice pls

alex 80

Jan 10, 2010
hi

i'm currently selling my daily to buy an fr150 can you give me adivce on what to look out for when buying one and what extra's i should defently be looking at?
also what toys i should get for it once i have brought it?

look forward to seeing your replies

thanks in advance also if anyone has an fr pd150 forsale let me know

welsh frtdi

smokey
Oct 3, 2009
carms
check for tapping when starting from cold..arl engines suffer from pre mature cam wear
check footwells for water as seals can leak
when taking for test check for vibration through clutch pedal as these cars use a dual mass flywheel...its expensive when it goes wrong trust me.
go for a cupra fr rather than a standard fr as they seem to hold there resale value longer
saying that i love my cupra fr .its a quick car and good on diesel(if u aint got lead foot)
good luck

cordoba lad

Back in the Midlands
May 24, 2005
Warwick
Check the service history to make sure the correct oil has been used else you could have a engine with a failing cam due to wear.

FR+ (Cupra R body kit and wheels) tend to be a bit more expensive but they were the run out models. If you find an FR with leather then it has been added by the owner as it wasn't a factory option (was on the Cupra).

If the rear wash wipe squirter is fairly weak then you need to check in the tail gate as the connector can come unattached in cold weather and soaks the boot lock and can cause you a few problems.

welsh frtdi

smokey
Oct 3, 2009
carms
sometimes when i phone up to order parts they ask for your reg number,after that been given they tell me mine is a fr cupra? dunno mate but thought if it was a cupra shaped model it was a cupra fr...
sorry for the confusion.i have a platinum grey fr now lol

alex 80

Jan 10, 2010
thanks guys for the advice will let you know what i find shall be calling couple of places tomorrow and try and visit some that i've spotted then let the modding start

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
ye theres alot of confusion over but essentially they are the same thing , just rebranded to boost sales really

they also was the thing about selling that model in different countries etc

but as simplw as an FR is the exact same car as cupra appart from different shaped wheels later ones came with silver mirrors , then the last run came as FR+ which was the cupra R body kit with the same alloy design but in 17" version as appoased to 18" on the petrol R

welsh frtdi

smokey
Oct 3, 2009
carms
thats what i thought it might have been some sort of promo to get the cars sold. so im assuming the fr with cupra kit in a 55 plate registered in jan 2006 is an fr+.. confusing.
but afterall were tryin to convinse the lad to buy a 150 tdi..i say go for it once you drive it you'll have made the right decision jus dont buy a dog or it'll just end up raping your wallet in the long run

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
As you say fr+ was done to sell stock when they brought out the mk 2. Had different wheels and bumpers over standard fr, plus money off original purchase price. I was going to get one, but managed to get a standard fr tho with factory fitted sat nav for less (had 3 miles on the clock) - I figured sat nav more useful than bumpers and wheels........

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members