Bypassing the n249

Mannyg60

Nov 21, 2016
Hiya everyone

Whilst trying to repair a split hose on the front under the inlet manifold I inadvertently snapped one of the plastic pipes I think that goes to the n249 valve!

Now when coming off boost it’s fluttering, I am guessing that this is bad so my question is, if I were to run a vac line from the top of the Diverter valve, to the fuel pressure regulator and tee it off to the pipe going to inlet manifold from fuel pressure regulator, if that makes sense, would this be safer and allow the diverter valve to open when coming off boost?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mannyg60

Nov 21, 2016
cfa6bb881619b531f48ba08b0bb1d80e.jpg

Like this

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
the FPR needs its own vacuum source from the manifold. Dont T into it.

1 line DV > Manifold
1 line FPR > manifold

Reactions: Mannyg60

Mannyg60

Nov 21, 2016
Ok , so under the manifold are 2 ports , ones for the fpr I’m guessing the other one is for something to do with n249? So if I do seperate lines( I can leave the fpr one as it’s still connected, unplug the other line and direct the line to the dv?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Ok , so under the manifold are 2 ports , ones for the fpr I’m guessing the other one is for something to do with n249? So if I do seperate lines( I can leave the fpr one as it’s still connected, unplug the other line and direct the line to the dv?

You can, lots have people have, but the N249 is there to open the DV as soon as you let off the throttle, avoiding flutter and compressor stall. It's only a marginal thing, but it definitely reduces stress on the turbo.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
agreed with matty, if its working, keep it hooked up. I relocated mine to somewhere nicer. CAr felt much better with than without.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members