calling all cars with the Turbo Whistle/Pigeon sound.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
atmos dump valve by the sounds of it but i'm sure i read somewhere they dont work on diesels ?

mmmm need to have a look

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
rings a bell from somewhere mind, can you tell i rarely get stuck in a diesel :p

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
CAI or air box mod seems to do it... I get a real long echo thou my CAI it actually repeats the sound a few times like a stutter as it echos down the pipe...

Seems to be on the filter end it appears.. but some cars cant do it whatever they do.. some do it without trying, mine does it on every gear shift if i let the gas off quick on gear change.

Gavin NI

OMG Northern Ireland is full of dervs that make that stupid noise...There's many's a hate thread on local forums about them and how cars like that are driven by the "chavs" and pikeys!!!

But to answer your question you must have a full straight through exhaust from the turbo back. They remove the cat and all boxes over here and just weld in bit's of pipe or go to powerflow and get a pipe inc tail pipe made up from the turbo back...

HTH

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
ive got mufflerctomy, pipercross panel filter and remap basically.

made the noise before the remap or filter... but one of the two has definatly made something louder (both fitted on the same day) as now its very loud... somebody was saying its something to do with the turbo you have

brad1

You only have to remove the back box and get a straight bit of pipe welded in, (mufflerectomy) and remove the cat which can possibly make it slightly louder ;)

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
i was at the castle coombe and ash (ibiza_130_tdi) was following me and said he could hear the pigeon calling to be released.....

so im getting the cat removed on the weekend :D

:p

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
i may sound thick with this comment but........

to produce the sound do u accelerate in low revs then release the accelerator and there is the sound?

cheers

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.