Camber adjustment kits

danny m

Apr 16, 2009
Hi

I went to have 4 wheel alignment done today on my lcr just to check everything is ok, glad i did!! toe setting where out by a bit so got that adjusted. Camber on both sides where out drivers side was in its limit but the passenger side was out of its limits. Its was reading -1.33 degrees. My question is can you buy adjustable top mounts so i can get the camber settings back to normal? if so what are the best ones and where can you get them from? also can you buy adjustable shims for the rear for the camber. i have seen that neuspeed do adjustable ball joint would these fit a lcr

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=4|TT&type=2&ltype=ns_euro&p_id=2050

any help would be appricated

cheers :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
There is camber adjustment in the wish bone to ball joint connections on the LCR.
Unless your sitting very low I would guess you don't need adjustable top mounts to bring you back the 0.8 of a degree you need to bring you back to spec

danny m

Apr 16, 2009
hi willie

cheers for the reply. when i was having it done earlier i watched what they where doing and i said about the adjustment on the wishbone they un done the 3 nuts but couldnt adjust it which i thought was strange. so what do i need to get that back to normal?

cheers

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
hi willie

cheers for the reply. when i was having it done earlier i watched what they where doing and i said about the adjustment on the wishbone they un done the 3 nuts but couldnt adjust it which i thought was strange. so what do i need to get that back to normal?

cheers

The Ball joints are bolted to the wish bone/swing arms. There are slots in the swing arms where the studs of the ball joint goes through and gets bolted on.
with these nuts slack the whole wheel can be slid in and out to give more and less negative camber.
There is no reason why these wouldn't have moved if they had all three nuts slack

danny m

Apr 16, 2009
just what i thought mate. obviously didnt know what they where doing!!!!! bunch of monkeys lol! i was going to book it in to amd but they where busy and i couldnt wait, im to impatient!! do you know how much degree travel you have got to play with in the swing arm? how do you upload files wanted to upload the before and after pictures of the four wheel alignment.

cheers :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
upload the pitures to photobucket then copy and paste the IMG link into your post

The degrees depends on your ride height
My car on OEM ride height was -0.5 degrees (standard) with the ball joints pulled all the way to the end
With a lower car this will differ

danny m

Apr 16, 2009
ok cool will have to look at uploading the photos. Could it be a bush or bushes causing this? my lcr is standard 2004 16500 miles on it i suppose bushes do deteriate.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.