Can I get black wheel centre inserts?

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Having my wheels refurbished in a few weeks in gloss black. However, can I get black centre inserts? Or is it best to get these sprayed at the same time?

040.jpg

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
Have you tried asking Seremotors? I got black centres for my Orions from them (the same as your pic but without the bolt covers...).

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Having my wheels refurbished in a few weeks in gloss black. However, can I get black centre inserts? Or is it best to get these sprayed at the same time?

040.jpg

I asked the same question and was told that you can get LCR ones in black and they are exactly the same.

I have not checked this out yet as I'm in Canada at the moment, when I come home I will be looking into a gloss black referb on my 18's too.

For reference, here are some pics of my stoved black standard 18's:

3940494513_699e5d753c.jpg

3941273602_622e6e7719.jpg

3940494599_3c1532131a.jpg

Had them done about a month back by a company called "Mint Car Enhancements" just down the road from me. Personally, I like the silver wheel centres against the black - maybe it's because of the body colour? :shrug: :confused:

Anyway, I asked my "Street Cred Style Consultants" (AKA: the sixth formers I teach...) and they said they also thought the centres looked better silver than black. :blink: Or maybe they just wanted higher marks...? :p

Higher marks.
:lol:
Yep that would be about right. Most of them drive Nova's, Saxo's or Corsa's with a dustbin stuck underneath the back bumper anyway... :rolleyes: Next thing is to get the mirror covers sprayed same as body colour so the silver centres will provide a bit of highlight. Horses for courses really - I prefer the silver to black, wouldn't do for us all to look same. :)

Tried a few places for quotes which ranged from £50 a wheel for a simple spray-over upwards.

Originally intended to get some new fancy Spanish SEAT alloys while over in Spain during the summer - they have a much wider range than you can get in the UK - but was still going to sting me for £600 all in. So this place quoted £60 for paint or £75 for stove enamel in any colour I wanted so £300 was the price.

They also needed a fair bit of refurb for some serious chunks out of one rim and damage to another through me having to take evasive manouevres from some ****** in a baseball cap driving some heap who insisted on swerving left into my lane before taking his right turn while in the centre reserved bit for right turners - just as I was coming past him on the inside... :censored: :w4nk: Why do peeps do that??? [:@]

I'm sure someone somewhere will be able to do them cheaper? :confused: This place suited me because they are only half-a-mile away too... and I'm lazy. :D

Oh yeah, everyone who's seen the car in the flesh say that it seems to look / sit lower and ask if I've had the suspension done too. Purely optical effect, but funky.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members