Can I replace the console of my S model, with the console of an SE model?

Sep 4, 2020
I bought a 2014 Seat Leon SC - model S from a used car dealership in March. I would like to know if it would be possible to replace the console (cupholder/handbrake section) of my car with the console of an SE model. The main reason why I would like to do this is because the SE model includes an armrest, whereas the S model does not.

I've also looked at other solutions such as www.armster.co.uk, they seem to supply armrests that can be fitted to an S model car. Does anyone have any experience with buying or fitting these armrests to their S model car? (I've attached an image from armster.co.uk)

Thanks

Attachments

• armster-2-armrest-seat-leon-13.jpg
    armster-2-armrest-seat-leon-13.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 122

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
Can't comment on the Leon armster armrest but I had one in my Fabia. It felt a bit cheap and there was a decent amount of play in it every time you put your arm on it. Looks like it's mounted the same on the Leon so would probably have the same problems.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
It's very unlikely they used different center consoles for the two cars. It'll just be a case of buying the armrest, and possibly a few other parts, and fitting them to the existing console.

The Fabia/Ibiza armret is only supported by the mounting section at the back, the front of the armrest is hanging in mid air. On the Leon the rest itself is sitting on top of a large cubby. I'm not saying an aftermarket one will be as good as the OEM one but there is no reason to assume it will feel lose because the Ibiza one does.