Can someone do me a big favour please?

Cupra Ben

Jan 26, 2007
Can someone either take a close up pic of each side of the cd changer connecting plug in their boot or take a look and tell me which colours correspond with which number position in the plug itself.

Reason being that the plug has been cut off the end of my changer lead and I want to connect it using block connectors or spade connectors
but the changer I have is from an older VW and the colours dont match up with the ones in my boot.
So if I can determine where they should be in relation to each other I can then match them up with the corresponding ones on the changer if you catch my drift...
Can someone please help me? I dont want to blow up my changer!

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
No Problem Ben, This Is How Mine Is Wired Up If Its Any Good For Ya,

Wires in block from car (in the boot):
1, Blue 7, Purple
2, Green 8, Red
3, Brown 9, Black x2
4, Yellow 10, White
5, 'Blank' 11, 'Blank'
6, Green/Red 12, 'Blank'

Wires from CD Changer:
1, Orange 7, Red
2, Black 8, Grey
3, Green + Earth 9, Black
4, Brown 10, White
5, 'Blank' 11, Blue (which is cut on mine)
6, Yellow 12, 'Blank'

Number 9 (Black) is the thicker cable of the two blacks

Number 3-the earth is the bare copper cable which surrounds all the cables like you would see in a coax cable.

Hope this helps you, any problems let us no..

Cupra Ben

Jan 26, 2007
No Problem Ben, This Is How Mine Is Wired Up If Its Any Good For Ya,

Wires in block from car (in the boot):
1, Blue 7, Purple
2, Green 8, Red
3, Brown 9, Black x2
4, Yellow 10, White
5, 'Blank' 11, 'Blank'
6, Green/Red 12, 'Blank'

Wires from CD Changer:
1, Orange 7, Red
2, Black 8, Grey
3, Green + Earth 9, Black
4, Brown 10, White
5, 'Blank' 11, Blue (which is cut on mine)
6, Yellow 12, 'Blank'

Number 9 (Black) is the thicker cable of the two blacks

Number 3-the earth is the bare copper cable which surrounds all the cables like you would see in a coax cable.

Hope this helps you, any problems let us no..

Thank you M47NER, thats brilliant :clap: If theres anything I can ever do for you dont hesitate to ask!

All my wires/colours are identicle apart from on the changer where yours is 3, Green + Earth mine is Purple

Anyway I have wired it up the same, it has power and the cartridge will eject. The head unit will recognise the changer and comes up "CD Check" after inserting the cartridge.
However once the changers finished doing its thing the head unit just displays "CD1 TR1 00:00" and thats it, no music, counter doesnt move, nothing.
Does nothing if I press next track or scan, repeat etc..
If I press a number to change disc, 3 for example, the head unit displays "CD3 Load" but then almost instantly displays "CD3 No Disc" even though the cartridge is full.
Now the strange thing is if I only put one disc in it, say in position 4 it will do "CD Check" and then display "CD4 TR1 00:00" so it sits ready to play where ever there is a disc, just wont actually do anything beyond that.

Is there something Ive missed somewhere?
I wonder if its something to do with that one wire being a different colour but all the others correspond so I dont know where else it would go.
Its doing my head in :banghead:

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Hmm, That 1 is confusing...the cd's that you are puttin in are they copied? If they are try a proper cd-mine sumtimes often doesnt play copied cd's, let us no how you get on and i will have a think bout it.

Cupra Ben

Jan 26, 2007
Tried original and copied CDs.
I did wonder if it was the changer itself but I was assured it worked and didnt want to start questioning it yet because of my dodgy wiring situation.
I could do with another Ibiza or Leon, VW etc to try it in.
I know someone with an Audi but they have different connectors dont they?
Are they round?

Cupra Ben

Jan 26, 2007
Right had it wired up with the cover off so i can see what its doing. It loads CDs in during the CD Check briefly spins them and then when its finished it reloads the first one and then its game over, wont do anything else.
Stupid thing [:@]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.