Can you put a 2020 radio screen in 2015 model replacing screen only as my current one has frozen and need replaced thanks

Dec 28, 2023
Can it be screen only or do you need the radio replacement aswell for it all to work thanks

Dec 28, 2023
IMG-20231228-WA0104.jpeg

If you have MIB2, then yes you can fit the larger 8" screen, the aperture in the dash will need modifying to fit the new screen.
Hello thanks for the reply that's the one I have atm the newer model is 5F0919606 with two buttons only I know you have to take vents etc out not a problem will the newer one just be plug and play works with steering wheel buttons etc thank you for your help

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
View attachment 39893

Hello thanks for the reply that's the one I have atm the newer model is 5F0919606 with two buttons only I know you have to take vents etc out not a problem will the newer one just be plug and play works with steering wheel buttons etc thank you for your help
The wiring is the same, but I seem to remember that the screen resolution has to be changed so that you get all the station Icons on the screen. Sorry I can't remember where the settings are.

Dec 28, 2023
The wiring is the same, but I seem to remember that the screen resolution has to be changed so that you get all the station Icons on the screen. Sorry I can't remember where the settings are.
Ok that is fair enough I ended up getting a replacement one the same model as the one that is frozen and when I put it in to my surprise it done the same thing froze I'm not really sure what to do now does the radio need changing is thats what effecting the screen I've no clue thanks

Attachments

• 17044526716783238318212214394213.jpg
    17044526716783238318212214394213.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 33
  • 17044527040915478170844610783890.jpg
    17044527040915478170844610783890.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 36

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Ok that is fair enough I ended up getting a replacement one the same model as the one that is frozen and when I put it in to my surprise it done the same thing froze I'm not really sure what to do now does the radio need changing is thats what effecting the screen I've no clue thanks
Have you tried a soft reset? Press the power button until the system reboots. Also has anyone tried coding recently? I had similar problem when I tried to code in a different look to the screen and it froze.

Dec 28, 2023
Have you tried a soft reset? Press the power button until the system reboots. Also has anyone tried coding recently? I had similar problem when I tried to code in a different look to the screen and it froze.
I've taking it to seat the quoted me £1800 full replacement I'm going to buy another radio unit of eBay hopefully that solves the problem as it's clearly not the screen. Thanks

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I've taking it to seat the quoted me £1800 full replacement I'm going to buy another radio unit of eBay hopefully that solves the problem as it's clearly not the screen. Thanks
You need to make sure it's the correct unit, it will need coding to your car. I would get someone with VCDS or OBDeleven Pro to scan it.

Reactions: Rhino88
Jan 8, 2024
How is your unit freezing up? Does it boot up at all?

Do you have a SatNav SD card installed? Have you tried ejecting the card and seeing if the unit then boots up? We had a similar problem, where it would boot up for about 15s before the screen would freeze. But we worked out that, if the Nav card was ejected, the unit would remain "usable" (we've got other issues going on though with the screen!).

Tell

Staff member
On just screen replacement you have to watch you get one with a nav button. Someone replaced the Ateca one after a cracked screen but got the screen less a button. It was the media or whatever it was called less navigation button off eBay second hand or something. Whilst it worked fine with navigation they had to access the navigation from the home screen. Everything else worked.

On your rebooting system freezing we had an incident playing media. The jpeg embedded image in the flac file... Will be the same for mp3 was above 512×512. Caused the infotainment system to crash. I posted that up.

The solution was to remove all the embedded jpeg files. It got me worried when it happened. Was it the navigation SD card... thought it was. The 5f unit breaking down... No. Lousy image in the music file being played. Basically the program was taking a wander out of memory and crashing. Lousy program design.

Here is my fix here and software to delete the album art:

I crashed a thread on here telling them of the solution.... all due to the partner putting in a music file with embedded image that exceeded sensible dimension... those being 512x512.

If its the navigation card you can buy a new one and use the resource to get it working again. I've got a link to the fix all overall.nds file in that, if you loose it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walone

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
I bought an 8" screen anyone know if i can swap it over with the vent housing its already in instead of cutting my existing one ?

Or can i cut the vents the 8" one came in if it does not ?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I bought an 8" screen anyone know if i can swap it over with the vent housing its already in instead of cutting my existing one ?

Or can i cut the vents the 8" one came in if it does not ?
You will have to modify your existing 6.5" vent assembly, the 8" vent assembly will not fit!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members