Can you turn off the feature which stops you left foot braking?

mattydebb123

does anyone know if its possible to turn off the feature which stops you left foot braking or heel and toeing in the ibiza's? its so irritating when changing down on the entrance into corners.

help would be much appreciated

matt.

ballenapene

Love all the lemmings saying it works on their MK4's!

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
It doesnt work on my Sport TDI. Braking and trying to blip the throttle and it revs about 200rpm, It is annoying at times.

Luke

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
You can't brake and throttle at the same time - it just brakes. I think it might work if you only do it momentarily.

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
its a safty feature, no way to get rid of it. unless you buy a fully custom ECU... STUPID MONEY !!!

mattydebb123

well seen as how i sadly dont have ludicrous amounts of money sitting around looks like i will have to put up with it :( all these new "safety" features spoil all the fun and some of them dont even make the car safer tcs being a case in question!

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
i thought the tcs was quite excellent when we had all that snow. without it i think getting the car moving up the hills in and arond the peak district would have been tiresome.

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
As most of the Ibiza are DBW (drive by wire)....

The Drive By Wire system works by replacing the conventional throttle control system. Instead of relying on a mechanical cable that winds from the back of the accelerator pedal, through the vehicle firewall and onto the throttle body, Drive by Wire consists of a sophisticated pedal position sensor that closely tracks the position of the accelerator and sends this information to the Engine Control Module (ECM). This is superior to a cable operated throttle system for the following reasons:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise