Car Aerial Problem - Expert Needed!

krishorton

Bought a stubby aerial off fleebay thinking it would be a screw off screw on job.
Tried to screw mine off but it seems i have the aerials that screw loose and adjust to face flat on the roof, do these come off at all so i can replace with my stubby aerial? or am i wasting my time?:help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

krishorton

i'll let you know how it goes i'll have a try on my lunch. i can just see me stood on my roof tuggin away! :headhurt:

krishorton

no such look!
had two of us yanking at the aerial there must be a nack to this aerial removing?
:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

meltonlad

Mar 21, 2009
huntingdon
i changed mine not long ago. all i did was one very hard pull on the ariel and it came off.. but i didnt hold the base of it.

krishorton

did it have an adjustable hinge on yours? so you can loosen it and lay it flat?

krishorton

aah that might be the key i was pulling it straight up :whistle:

i'll have another bash later :funk:

krishorton

:confused: no such blummin look!
yanked and twisted and pulled just wont come off! every angle tried.
[:@][:@]:think:

krishorton

would you just keep pulling until it comes off? wiggle or straight pull?

krishorton

:D success!
haha
got it off, lost a few local radio stations though :lol:

IFlip92

Did your stubby aerial actually work after that? I got mine off flea bay as well and my radio couldnt lock on to anything after the replacement aerial. I think this is mainly due to it not having that little xtension on the end like the stock Leon aerial, it just has the thread that screws in and thats it. I'm gonna have to try and get a strand around the thread and going down further in the aerial locking bit, that way maybe it will finally connect to the antenna properly.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.