Car doesn’t want to start?

Nov 22, 2021
Got an issue with my cupra R if anyone has had the same / similar issues please give me a shout,
It’s a starting issue , car has good starter just cranks over but doesn’t start when it eventually starts it’s runs really rough like a misfire if I don’t rev it will stall, but it clears within a minute or so. Once running it runs absolutely fine.I’ve checked the spark and all cylinders have spark.recently fitted a fuel filter just as I had one and nothing changed? Any help would be much appreciated!

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Throwing parts at it isn't usually a good idea but the camshaft sensor might be one culprit

Also crankshaft sensor, but they tend to affect hot starting.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
No fault codes showing only seems to be an issue when it’s cold once the cars warmed up it fires up no problems
have u changed your fuel pump lately? i had a problem for well over a year when the car struggled to start but second try always worked. turned out it was the clamps on the fuel pump pipes leaking.

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Sounds like a fueling issue of some sort. Either something physical like connor said above, or possibly a faulty CTS (coolant temp sensor) which is causing the engine to try and start with the wrong fuel mixture.
The CTS has 2 parts to it, one part feeds the dash gauge and the other part supplies data to the ECU. Just because the dash works ok doesn't mean that the engine is seeing the correct temp. Best way is to have a look on live data and check that the coolant temp roughly matches the outside air temp before you start it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members