car feels slower now it is fixed!

chris999

as i was having n75 problems (peaking at 25psi) with slight judders, i changed it for another and it is boosting to what it should be but feels a hell of a lot slower and seems to spool slower aswell!! i know it shouldn't boost that high on a k03 but my god did she move! it increases the need for a ko3s or something bigger!

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
dont listen to this bloke, he is always saying his car is buggered, complete timewaster. :p although he did chage his TIP just by looking at it :lol:

chris999

oh give it a rest you fool. that has right jarred me off, it feels so gutless now, i preferred it when it was broken lol. i have just done that throttle body alignment i wonder what that will do! probably sweet FA. i dont even no if i done it right anyway??!!

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
when was the last time you reset your ECU? im doing mine tommorow as you told me to. Is there knowone with vag com near us, maybe worth seeing if thers any faults? Might even be someone at Ultimate Dubs on Sunday who has it with them

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
That doesny cound right to me. Three connections are, one to the wastgate, one in the TIP and one to the charge pipe.

chris999

reset the ecu last week, i don't think there is another problem just got used to having more boost which isn't healthy i know but still made it quicker. i scanned my car with another kind of diagnostic device last saturday with only an 02 sensor fault which was on there due to having more free flow cat on there. i hav ordered one of these scanners, handy little bit of kit. so you going on sunday?

chris999

thats what i thought. i am just trying to think here..so ihave one hose going on the nipple that is pointed up to the bonnet, then one that goes on the nipple that faces the engine, like i said there isn't one on the nipple facing the ground. i have the n249 bypassed but that does make difference with the amount of hoses that go on the n75 does it?

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
the one facing down should go into the TIP? then there should be one that goes to the charge pipe and the other one goes in the turbo's direction - well it does in my picutre

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
this may be of some help mate:
ChrisHelp.jpg

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
remember when we were changing the tip and it was that metal joiner that was a c*unt to fit onto you TIP? and we used a cable tie on it temporarily???

Last edited:

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
no it was yours, when you lift your bonnet up you'll remember! well im waiting on my mate to tell me if he's still coming.

davecash

Cars make me poor
Nov 20, 2006
Bedford
I'm gonna be at ultimate dubs this weekend. I can bring my laptop and Vagcom cable with me if you want?

Not actually used it yet but I'm sure we can figure it out.

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
after bieng on the phone to chris last night at about 12am (past my bed time) we figured out that he has no hose coming from his n75 to his TIP, his metal hose joiner and 8mm vacuum pipe decided to say goodbye to the car sometime this week!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise