Car flip keyfob doesn’t work TRIED EVERYTHING

Apr 6, 2020
Hi guys,

Leon Cupra R 2004 5 door.

I have been scouring the forums for a solution to my problem but seems to only be me having it.

My flip keyfob won’t operate the doors locks.
  • The red light on key flashes
  • Can still manually operate locks
  • Key works in ignition
  • Used to work around 3 weeks ago perfectly
  • Changed CCM (same part number)
  • Tried all reprogramming methods
  • Changed battery in fob
I had to change my CCM as my windows, interior lights and alarm didn’t work and keyfob stopped operating the locks. My alarm would randomly go off for no reason also.

So now my windows and interior lights are working again as they should but I haven’t heard the alarm and my key still doesn’t work. I’ve looked through every single thread to do with the keyfob and still nothing.

Anyone have a solution to this?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Could be that the CCM needs the soft coding changing so that it matches the old one. Even though the part numbers are the same, you often find that coding can be slightly different depending on what options are fitted. VCDS will be needed to check though.

Apr 6, 2020
Could be that the CCM needs the soft coding changing so that it matches the old one. Even though the part numbers are the same, you often find that coding can be slightly different depending on what options are fitted. VCDS will be needed to check though.

Thanks mate, I was discussing this with someone on the mk1 owners page on Facebook who knows a lot and he said this also. Was hoping it would be simpler than that due to the UKs current situation but guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and wait. Cheers for the help. :cheers:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.