Car leaking fluid

Hicks

Let's nuke 'em from orbit
Nov 26, 2002
Relocated Yorkshireman
Visit site
I've noticed recently when I start up my LC it leaves a small trail of fluid on the driveway. It's not oil. I've checked all the fluid levels and they seem ok.
Someone suggested to me it might be the air con. I've never noticed the car doing this before. Any ideas what could be leaking?

Alice_Cupra

A Dirty Diamond.......
Jan 31, 2003
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Yup, mine does this when I have had the air con on for a while, and it stands for a few minutes on the drive.

Nothing to worry about. It's just condensation dripping off the air con condensor.

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire
I've noticed recently when I start up my LC it leaves a small trail of fluid on the driveway. It's not oil. I've checked all the fluid levels and they seem ok.
Someone suggested to me it might be the air con. I've never noticed the car doing this before. Any ideas what could be leaking?

If you read the manual it says that water that has condensed on the aircon compressor may drip off the car.

Perfectly normal mate!

browno

Jun 27, 2006
I get the same with my LCR - it dribbles a trail of liquid (which appears to be water) even when it's been on the driveway all night and started from cold... does look like it's coming from the air-con though...

Hicks

Let's nuke 'em from orbit
Nov 26, 2002
Relocated Yorkshireman
Visit site
I get the same with my LCR - it dribbles a trail of liquid (which appears to be water) even when it's been on the driveway all night and started from cold... does look like it's coming from the air-con though...

Thanks. It did surprise me that I got the trail of liquid even when it's been standing on the drive all night, but the water must have collected on the subframe.

browno

Jun 27, 2006
That was my thought - I was underneath my the other day (doing an oil change) and spotted that the air-con hoses go to the lower back right corner of the engine bay (as facing the car) so I guess the condenser is down in that corner...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members