car remapped with revo stage 1

adamj

I got revo stage 1 today but because of all the water on the roads I havent been able to give it a good run. I was wondering, should I have been given some sort of proof that I have revo? Like some sort of certificate? I ask this because if it gets flashed then would I have to pay for it again? Also, is the dealer supposed to supply a power graph or is that something that you have to specifically request because I asked the dealer what the bhp was as I have to tell my insurance company and he said tell them that it was 300 because it would probably be less than that. I thought that with revo on a cupra people were seeing over 300bhp? Surely he would have been able to see when he was adding the map or is this not the case?

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
I got revo stage 1 today but because of all the water on the roads I havent been able to give it a good run. I was wondering, should I have been given some sort of proof that I have revo? Like some sort of certificate? I ask this because if it gets flashed then would I have to pay for it again? Also, is the dealer supposed to supply a power graph or is that something that you have to specifically request because I asked the dealer what the bhp was as I have to tell my insurance company and he said tell them that it was 300 because it would probably be less than that. I thought that with revo on a cupra people were seeing over 300bhp? Surely he would have been able to see when he was adding the map or is this not the case?

Power figs will be down to what rollers you go on mate. But you should easily be seeing 300bhp (poss 300-310 depending on what settings you have)..
As for a certificate, there is no need. Revo have a data base of all cars that have been remapped and if you do have a ECU reflash at the dealer, your Revo dealer SHOULD load the software on again free of charge..
Some Revo dealers have RR's, some don't, so it just depends where you get it done. But so long as it is set up properly, you should be seeing the nice side of 300bhp, so go enjoy.. ;)

adamj

Power figs will be down to what rollers you go on mate. But you should easily be seeing 300bhp (poss 300-310 depending on what settings you have)..
As for a certificate, there is no need. Revo have a data base of all cars that have been remapped and if you do have a ECU reflash at the dealer, your Revo dealer SHOULD load the software on again free of charge..
Some Revo dealers have RR's, some don't, so it just depends where you get it done. But so long as it is set up properly, you should be seeing the nice side of 300bhp, so go enjoy.. ;)

Thats good. Thanks for the repy. I cant wait for the roads to dry out a bit!