Carbon Wrapping badges

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
Guy's i have just bought some carbon vynal with the intent to start wrapping the badges.

I know the front grille all you need to do is remove the grill and pop the badge off and then start wrapping but how the hell do you remove the rear badge.

Can any one who has done it give a guide.

I did do a search but couldnt find anything for the ibiza.

Apr 9, 2009
Yeah theres two slots on the inside of the boot, which are used as handles. If you look inside those there are two t20 screws. Unscrew them and then pull down with force. You feel as though it may break but it wont. And then do the reverse to put it back on obviously. Theres a video on youtube of someone wrapping their front badge in carbon and they didn't bother taking the badge itself out to do it. If you can pull it off i'd suggest that as i'm guessing from experience it may scratch/ damage the wrap when putting it back in otherwise.

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
The scary part is when you cut away the exessive material, you have to cut through, but you don´t want to make scratches or so in the paintwork or chrome.. I used a really sharp hobbyknife, but it was still tricky in some corners..

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Well if you take it of, it is easier to make it cover everything as well, but if you mount it with the badge on, its kind of easy to miss some tiny spot. When the sun shines on it, it really shows where you messed up :)

Apr 9, 2009
Theres a small electric plug that simply clips off. Oh yeah and i believe two bolts holding it in place with a metal bracket. It's very simple to get out, it's just worrying pulling the tailgate trim off lol :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise