Carbonio Air feed?

HarveyGTI

Having been reading J@mes's thread on his custom air feed and also actually seen it (and it does look very smart) and I have been thinking of doing something similar to my 01 LC

I have a Carbonio setup on mine, and the filter sits all the way down past the passenger wing.

Some could say it does not get a direct feed of air, although it does somewhat from air travelling underneath and up into the engine bay....but still its not a "direct" type of feed as you would get into an airbox type modification, so not as efficient as I would like it to be

SO I was thinking of cutting out the passenger side slat on the lower plastic bumper and perhaps trying to fit a type of scoop to give more of a direct feed onto the cone type induction kit

what does everyone think?

Also what would be handy is to actually have some data logs of the air flow before and after

J@mes perhaps at the next Essex or Kent meet you can bring your laptop down and we can try it, and then I will modify the intake and then do the logs again at the next meet?

Thanks

fellowsuk

Apr 2, 2008
Sunny Wolverhampton!
I didn't want to start a new thread n get moaned at! Bought a new induction kit from hopper basically carbonio kit, but I can't see how I can fit it, I would really appriciate any pics or advice people have got!

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
from what i remember fitting mine its best to remove the battery and the air scoop this gives you the room to work

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
hope this helps i can take some more if needed, this is the ABD racing pipe

DSCF0238.jpg

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
just be careful with direct feeds from the front lower bumper, you would be amazed how many items can get dragged into your filter (gauze it properly if you really want to).

oh and forget going through big puddles!!!

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
leon-5.jpg

leon-6.jpg

The filter sits right behind the passenger side fog light in the wheel arch. You have to undo the wheel arch liner and feed the filter in that way, then connect it to the intake. Bit fiddly on your own and a bloody tight squeeze, but it does fit (mines a diesel btw so slightly different).

Deleted member 7729

how much noise do these add as i don't want the extra noise etc

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.