Carista with the 2016 Ibiza

gav17hvh

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah this would be useful - model 2016 if poss.

Would it be possible to put a list up of what can be modified using this app for the Ibiza ?

Sorry guys, this is not easy to do.

You can only see the list of options when the phone is connected to the car, so i cant just open the app here and view them all. without being in the car and connected you dont. even get a display.

There is a list in the forum here where someone has made a list of a lot of the things you can change. Sorry i cant post links here.

Now the GOOD news. !!!

Carists 3.5 - Beta 7 (dunno where beta 5 and 6 went lol) Now has the option for Mirrors folding with either long press or Single Click, they fold when you lock the car :) Well done Carista Support

Gav

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Sorry guys, this is not easy to do.

You can only see the list of options when the phone is connected to the car, so i cant just open the app here and view them all. without being in the car and connected you dont. even get a display.

There is a list in the forum here where someone has made a list of a lot of the things you can change. Sorry i cant post links here.

Now the GOOD news. !!!

Carists 3.5 - Beta 7 (dunno where beta 5 and 6 went lol) Now has the option for Mirrors folding with either long press or Single Click, they fold when you lock the car :) Well done Carista Support

Gav

Thank Gav. I remember the interface being a little basic when I tried it a few versions back - looks like 3.5 will be the version to go for when it is eventually released.

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
hey all I have 3 issues with the Carista:
1. Anyone know where the "lowering side mirror while in reverse" option went?
2. Also where can I find the the "acustic confirmation" in the MMI ?
3. Does anyone know what the error "the vehicle is rejecting this communication..." when I tried to add the "rain closing menu in MMI" option

Thanks.

gav17hvh

Mar 28, 2017
hey all I have 3 issues with the Carista:
1. Anyone know where the "lowering side mirror while in reverse" option went?
2. Also where can I find the the "acustic confirmation" in the MMI ?
3. Does anyone know what the error "the vehicle is rejecting this communication..." when I tried to add the "rain closing menu in MMI" option

Thanks.

Hi Quicksilver

1) not sure it ever worked, or if you needed the reversing camera for it to work.
maybe drop support an email, they do respond.
2) not sure what you mean with this one
3) thats normally a communication error, i get it a few times even when the option has worked before. just retry or reconnect and try again.

Hope that helps some

Gav

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
this is the warning -

2a945de.png

Last edited:

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
Also does anyone have tried the sunroof option? close while raining? it is not working for me...

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
I notice on the latest Beta (14) you can set the Extended Lock Differential to different strengths. It was set to "OFF" - which seems silly if XDS actually does anything useful. It can be set to Normal Weak or Strong. I notice from other VW threads that it's effects seem a bit difficult to predict - so I've left it OFF for the moment.

Anyone tried different settings?
There is also a Hill Hold setting - currently set at 3degrees - which I hadn't noticed before.

Last edited:

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
I notice on the latest Beta (14) you can set the Extended Lock Differential to different strengths. It was set to "OFF" - which seems silly if XDS actually does anything useful. It can be set to Normal Weak or Strong. I notice from other VW threads that it's effects seem a bit difficult to predict - so I've left it OFF for the moment.

Anyone tried different settings?
There is also a Hill Hold setting - currently set at 3degrees - which I hadn't noticed before.

The xds should definitely be set to a different setting to off - I wonder if they are reading that correctly. A selling point of the FR is the XDS and that is what the Golf GTI has and it demonstrably improves handling when really pushing on. The Cupra has this set to strong as standard while the FR default is Normal.

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
The xds should definitely be set to a different setting to off - I wonder if they are reading that correctly. A selling point of the FR is the XDS and that is what the Golf GTI has and it demonstrably improves handling when really pushing on. The Cupra has this set to strong as standard while the FR default is Normal.

Thanks for that. From what I read on the VW thread it applies one of the brakes to aid turn in. Mine turns in pretty sharply as it is, so I do wonder, as you say, if they are reading it correctly. I don't think I'd want it to be any more aggressive than it is (whatever setting it really has).

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Is there a place that list the changes?

If you go into your Carista App, you can see what changes it can make to each model of car, you can also do this on their website, but remember, Carista does not give a list for each and every version of every model, so the actual options fitted to an individual version of a car will determine what changes are possible, also Carista does tend to get evolved as time goes on.