Carista with the 2016 Ibiza

Westyfield2

Sep 14, 2016
Can anyone confirm the current status of the mirrors?
What I'd want is auto-fold-out with the single button click when locking the car. And auto-fold-in either with the single click when unlocking or when ignition powered on.

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
With Carista the current status (V3.5 Beta 2) is that you can get the mirrors to fold on a SHORT press of the lock button (configurable on/off in the MMI on the screen), but NOT on a long press and the mirror will then only unfold when the ignition is switched on.

Note that it was (briefly) possible to configure the mirrors to fold on either a short or long press with a previous Beta but that is not possible with the latest Beta.

Last edited:

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Anyone got the option to turn the cornering fogs off either under 'Lights' or 'Other'?

I had the option in one of the earlier BETA's but it didn't work, however the option has now disappeared completely.

amitbaz

Mar 16, 2017
ibiza 2017 owner..

I have the carista app version 3.5 beta 2 and I can't manage to make the "Auto fold side-view mirrors (req. power folding mirrors)" to work..
How did you do that?

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
I didn't need to do it in the MMI too, though I have enabled the "MMI option too" - but belt and braces can't do any harm ( I hope!)

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Still not working.. What I'm doing wrong?

Don't wish to be facetious - but I assume you do already have folding mirrors. ie if you rotate the knob on the door (which selects which door mirror to adjust) by 180 degrees - the mirrors do fold.

amitbaz

Mar 16, 2017
Don't wish to be facetious - but I assume you do already have folding mirrors. ie if you rotate the knob on the door (which selects which door mirror to adjust) by 180 degrees - the mirrors do fold.

Yes of course. But I'm looking for the option to auto fold them when locking/unlocking the car

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Yes of course. But I'm looking for the option to auto fold them when locking/unlocking the car

Yes I understand that - but, as you will see from earlier posts on this thread, several of us have managed to get this to work (on Carista betas 3.4 and 3.5 - though I have no idea about the released versions).

Note, however the mirrors only unfold when the ignition is switched on. (A point which irritates my OH)

amitbaz

Mar 16, 2017
Yes I understand that - but, as you will see from earlier posts on this thread, several of us have managed to get this to work (on Carista betas 3.4 and 3.5 - though I have no idea about the released versions).

Note, however the mirrors only unfold when the ignition is switched on. (A point which irritates my OH)

OK so please can you list here the exact steps you did? From connecting the obd2 plug to testing the feature.

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
OK so please can you list here the exact steps you did? From connecting the obd2 plug to testing the feature.

OK but I don't think I did anything odd.

1) Plug in your OBD2 adapter ( remove the panel by the driver's right knee covering the fuse box) I used the cheapest adapter I found on eBay with no problems.

2) Switch ignition on

3) Select Carista ap on your phone and select CUSTOMISE

4) Wait a few minutes - it is slow - while Carista scans your car.

5) You will then be presented with some options Display/lights/mirrors/other. Choose the right one ( can't remember exactly now - but it is obvious and you can select each in turn in any case.)

6) Choose mirror fold on remote press (only short press now available, but long press was) and the other option to display the MMI for this on screen.

7) In each case apply and wait for confirmation.

I hope this helps/works for you.

amitbaz

Mar 16, 2017
OK but I don't think I did anything odd.

1) Plug in your OBD2 adapter ( remove the panel by the driver's right knee covering the fuse box) I used the cheapest adapter I found on eBay with no problems.

2) Switch ignition on

3) Select Carista ap on your phone and select CUSTOMISE

4) Wait a few minutes - it is slow - while Carista scans your car.

5) You will then be presented with some options Display/lights/mirrors/other. Choose the right one ( can't remember exactly now - but it is obvious and you can select each in turn in any case.)

6) Choose mirror fold on remote press (only short press now available, but long press was) and the other option to display the MMI for this on screen.

7) In each case apply and wait for confirmation.

I hope this helps/works for you.

Does the knob should be on 0 or on the folding mirrors sign?

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Does the knob should be on 0 or on the folding mirrors sign?

The knob should be "off". I'm not sure what happens if either mirror is selected, but obviously if it is in the folded mirror position the mirrors will be folded anyway.

amitbaz

Mar 16, 2017
The knob should be "off". I'm not sure what happens if either mirror is selected, but obviously if it is in the folded mirror position the mirrors will be folded anyway.

OK. Should the engine be on or just the ignition?

gav17hvh

Mar 28, 2017
ibiza 2017 owner..

I have the carista app version 3.5 beta 2 and I can't manage to make the "Auto fold side-view mirrors (req. power folding mirrors)" to work..
How did you do that?

amitbaz
I have tried getting the mirros to fold with short key press but cant.

Have you tried locking the car and keeping the fob button pressed for about 3-4 seconds, check to see if the mirrors fold in then.

I have checked this with the mirrors in menu option also with the fold mirrors option, as far as i can tell neither give the option to just press the lock button and release it, you have to hold it in.

Gavin

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
amitbaz
I have tried getting the mirros to fold with short key press but cant.

Have you tried locking the car and keeping the fob button pressed for about 3-4 seconds, check to see if the mirrors fold in then.

I have checked this with the mirrors in menu option also with the fold mirrors option, as far as i can tell neither give the option to just press the lock button and release it, you have to hold it in.

Gavin

If you trawl back through this thread you will see that on a previous Beta I was able to select fold on either a long or short press, and both worked. Since I prefer short press I reverted to that and haven't changed it since (ie not on 3.5 at all). The option of both disappeared on a subsequent Carista update. It may be that for some reason or other it doesn't work on this Beta, but since I'm happy with the way mine works now I'm not going to try to change it on 3.5 Beta 2. I can only suggest you give feedback to Carista.

Last edited:

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Mine works only for short press (long press didn't work).
So now, when I lock the car normally, the mirrors fold in.

I also have the option to enable/disable it from within the Infotainment menus (Mirrors/Wipers section)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.